Overclock.net banner
21 - 40 of 72 Posts

· PC Enthusiast
1,097 Posts
Wow, that's a hell of a bargain if it's true. Maybe that price is without fans?
Has to be(If true), no way a dual tower cooler with 1x 140mm & 1x 120mm aRGB fans would be priced under $50.

· 1689 Federalist
11,710 Posts
Rumored to be $37ish usd
What? That can't be true.

Going to have to be pretty selective with ram unless you can slide that fan up

This is really the Achilles heel of big air.

· I <3 narcissists
7,101 Posts
Has to be(If true), no way a dual tower cooler with 1x 140mm & 1x 120mm aRGB fans would be priced under $50.

Thermalright was always been good about offering their coolers without fans, it's one of the things that I have always appreciated about them.

I'm not really sure if that holds true today, it's been a while since I have purchased an air cooler.

· Premium Member
4,974 Posts
Thermalright was always been good about offering their coolers without fans, it's one of the things that I have always appreciated about them.

I'm not really sure if that holds true today, it's been a while since I have purchased an air cooler.

They stopped with that a really long time ago, perhaps ten years ago. Practically all of their coolers were then sold with fans.

From the last few years, I just remember the "HR-22" without fan. That one instead came with a shroud/funnel thingy to connect it to a rear case fan.

· 1689 Federalist
11,710 Posts
On the usual two-tower air coolers, you can use just one single fan in the middle position without really losing performance. The front fan isn't needed.

Interesting point. Curious what the performance drop would be.

I know in the past when I have done push pull on other coolers it didn't change much at all.

· Programmer
29,887 Posts
These coolers all look the same, as typically cool the same. I think the limit has been reached for this design. A case of reinventing the wheel in my opinion. Improvements can be made by making the cooler even taller and wider, but this isn't feasible due to weight and size restrictions.

· Registered
991 Posts
These coolers all look the same, as typically cool the same. I think the limit has been reached for this design. A case of reinventing the wheel in my opinion. Improvements can be made by making the cooler even taller and wider, but this isn't feasible due to weight and size restrictions.
Someone should bring back the ThermalTake "Big Typhoon" design to get even more absurd.

· 1689 Federalist
11,710 Posts

· 1689 Federalist
11,710 Posts

· curmudgeon
5,817 Posts
Wow! They have the Silver Arrow for sale there! It has been unavailable in North America for years. This places the Frost Spirit in perspective. The Silver Arrow is their top of the line model while the Frost Spirit is their mid range model.

Want a 5ghz air cooled FX? The Silver Arrow can do it. I wouldn't even try it with the Frost Spirit. But it should be fine with current CPUs. I just hope that one of those heat pipes is sitting directly over the hot spot on Zen.

· I <3 narcissists
7,101 Posts
Of course they do. But this is a thread about a specific cooler. Seems odd just to mention out of nowhere that Amazon carries this brand.
Right, but the "amazon sells them" comment was a response to someone stating that thermalright products are hard to find in north america so the default purchase is a noctua cooler. It's like saying coffee shops are hard to find so I have to go to starbucks (noctua being very much like starbucks).

· 1689 Federalist
11,710 Posts
Right, but the "amazon sells them" comment was a response to someone stating that thermalright products are hard to find in north america so the default purchase is a noctua cooler. It's like saying coffee shops are hard to find so I have to go to starbucks (noctua being very much like starbucks).

Ah I see. I must have missed the quote.

· curmudgeon
5,817 Posts
That post is on the first page.

How long has amazon been carrying Thermalright products? I quit looking there a few years ago and there was nothing there then. Newegg can get a few of their cheaper models. The only place that I know of that might have anything is Superbiiz, and they are iffy. So basically it is Starbucks or nothing.

· 1689 Federalist
11,710 Posts

How long has amazon been carrying Thermalright products? I quit looking there a few years ago and there was nothing there then. Newegg can get a few of their cheaper models. The only place that I know of that might have anything is Superbiiz, and they are iffy. So basically it is Starbucks or nothing.
I bought a thermalright cooler this time last year and they had many of them, but it's not actually Amazon but "Nan's Gaming Gear".

· Meep
5,578 Posts

Must be many years ago then, as they've been selling there since at least 2014...

Amazon price history of 2 of their most popular coolers:
https://keepa.com/#!product/1-B00IYEEOMO
https://keepa.com/#!product/1-B00PKJ21LW

Seems to me like you walked past the coffee shop quite a few times :p

· Just another nerd
6,276 Posts
For those not aware of this cooler:

https://www.amazon.com/Thermalright-True-Spirit-140-Power/dp/B00IYEEOMO

6 x 8 mm heat pipes and probably the most under-rated air cooler ever.

Anyone on Amazon complaining about bad cooling or difficult installation is a (pardon my french) dumbarse. I have one of these and it f'n rocks. Combine with a single TY-143 fan and no problem running a 9900K at 5 GHz all-core.

21 - 40 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.