Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was really bored, and since i have NO money at all, i couldnt order any new toys/parts for my pc... so i decided to crack open my case, and i looked at the chipset cooler and desided to apply some as5 to it.... this stuff works wonders! i was running about 23-24c load before, now i run 19-20c load!
lol not sure if this is benneficial at all, but i was bored and so i thought i would just post my results for you guys.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Right on...it'll give you more stable overclocks. My chipset is @ roughly 13-15 load, but i use chilled water, so, meh.....

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i have just a heatsink, no fan.... but i was just bored thats why i did it, not like it really needed it

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats your cpu at load?? thats a little high... but not to worry. but if you plan on overclocking you will need better cooling.

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pacman

well mine actualy is at 24 idle and 32 load xD
Maybe i'll buy some of this

If your saying you should buy some AS5... definatley get it!!! apply it to your cpu as well as you chipset and even videocard if you want, it will drop the temps by a few degrees C on all chips.... it well worth it because its only $5
an overclockers best friend...lol

·
Registered
219 Posts
hey pbasil...i agree as5 works wonders i put it under any heatsink in my computer...but as for 19-20cs for a chipset ..i dont beleive you... thats below ambient temps.. unless your house is aroun 70'farenhieght..and i doubt that.also chipsets tend to run pretty hot so being room tempis kinda...how should i say...GREAT. but okay w/e =] =\\..
-trey

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Action Trey!

hey pbasil...i agree as5 works wonders i put it under any heatsink in my computer...but as for 19-20cs for a chipset ..i dont beleive you... thats below ambient temps.. unless your house is aroun 70'farenhieght..and i doubt that.also chipsets tend to run pretty hot so being room tempis kinda...how should i say...GREAT. but okay w/e =] =\\..
-trey

Some of our Northern friends who are just popping out of hibernation experience very cold ambient temperatures...

I on the otherhand like the hot climate of Florida, and I am willing to have higher CPU temperatures so I can wear shorts all year!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts