Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
10,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right so after a bad overclock damaged the ntfs file system, i started getting BSOD's related to the file system so i did a chkdsk, now everythings gravy

inb4 cool story bro

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by srsparky32
View Post

right so after a bad overclock damaged the ntfs file system, i started getting BSOD's related to the file system so i did a chkdsk, now everythings gravy

inb4 cool story bro

it is so true, i had faulty ram and was too lazy and stubborn to replace it and every time it BSOD'ed i just rand chkdsk and everything fixed itself!

• Rep+
Reactions: srsparky32

·
Banned
10,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by h0thead132
View Post

it is so true, i had faulty ram and was too lazy and stubborn to replace it and every time it BSOD'ed i just rand chkdsk and everything fixed itself!

yeah chkdsk is amazing but it does put a nice stress on your HDD so i wouldnt do it often lol.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by srsparky32 View Post
yeah chkdsk is amazing but it does put a nice stress on your HDD so i wouldnt do it often lol.
yea, i got the new ram now, Note to self never buy OCZ again, according to S.M.A.R.T. (the dumbest program ever invented) my drive is still in great condition luckly

·
Banned
10,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by h0thead132
View Post

yea, i got the new ram now, Note to self never buy OCZ again, according to S.M.A.R.T. (the dumbest program ever invented) my drive is still in great condition luckly

yeah ocz sucks for anything except SSD's..their ram had huge problems and their PSU's arent known for their quality esp. the modxstreams. i know the gamexstreams were pretty good, some stealthxstreams too if i remember correctly

·
Banned
10,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by t0adphr0g
View Post

chkdsk has been around since 1989 (MS-DOS 4.01). It made me smile to see it still saves the day.

no matter how advanced we get in tech, MS-DOS and its commands will always be around to get people like us out of tight spots.

·
Hold on to your butts!
3,213 Posts
rox my socks?

What comes in this box, this box that rocks?

·
Iconoclast
30,611 Posts
I run chkdsk /f after every BSOD, crash, lock up, or non-standard shutdown.

·
Banned
10,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blameless
View Post

I run chkdsk /f after every BSOD, crash, lock up, or non-standard shutdown.

i usually just do /r and then /f if i really need a solid fix. /r takes forever but pays off

1 - 11 of 11 Posts