Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Maxon has released Cinebench R23. The benchmark now features a minimum runtime of 10 minutes. The scores from Cinebench R23 are not comparable to scores from previous versions including Cinebench R20.

Link for download: Maxon - 3D for the Real World

Post your results here: Cinebench R23 scores

Technical Information
  • Cinebench R23 now supports Apple's M1-powered computing systems
  • Cinebench is now based on the latest Release 23 code using updated compilers, and has a minimum runtime activated by default (previously hidden in preferences)
  • Cinebench R23 provides improved benchmark accuracy for current and next generation CPUs to test if a machine runs stable on a high CPU load, if the cooling solution of a desktop or notebook is sufficient for longer running tasks to deliver the full potential of the CPU, and if a machine is able to handle demanding real-life 3D tasks.
  • Users now have the option to directly test the single core performance without manually enabling the "Advanced benchmark" option. The "Advanced benchmark" allows users to set arbitrary minimum runtimes to stress test the hardware for even longer periods of time.
  • Because of the code and compiler changes, Cinebench score values are readjusted to a new range so they should not be compared to scores from previous versions of Cinebench.
  • Cinebench R23 does not test GPU performance.
  • Cinebench R23 will not launch on unsupported processors. On systems lacking sufficient RAM to load the test scene, a warning will be displayed and the CPU benchmark will not be executed.
  • Background tasks can significantly influence measurement and create diverse results. It's always a good idea to shut down all running programs and disable any virus checking or disk indexing but it's impossible to eliminate all background processes. Modern operating systems perform various background tasks that cannot or should not be disabled, even though they could have a minor influence on the results.
  • Test results can vary slightly because it's impossible to disable every background task of the operating system. These tasks are one factor that may have a slight influence on measurements. Also, modern computers and graphics cards dynamically adjust clock speeds based on environmental conditions like power and temperature. For instance, processors will reduce clock speed when running too hot to allow for cooling and prevent damage. With many modern processors, the reverse is also true. They are able to overclock themselves when the temperature is low enough. Therefore, a system freshly started in a relatively cool environment will typically run faster than the same system that has been performing benchmarks for several hours in a heated office.
  • It is also possible to launch Maxon Cinebench with command line options. Please refer to your operating system manual on how to start an application using the command line. After the name of the application enter one of the options listed below. Maxon Cinebench will then be executed, run the specified test, then quit and display the result in the command line console. The result is not saved as a file.
  • The following command line options are available:
    • g_CinebenchCpu1Test=true - runs only the Single Core test procedure
    • g_CinebenchCpuXTest=true - runs only the Multi Core test procedure
    • g_CinebenchAllTests=true - runs all test procedures sequentially
    • g_CinebenchMinimumTestDuration=100 - sets a minimum test duration of 100 seconds
  • To get a proper console log on Windows, you have to add an additional command before the Cinebench executable name. Example:
  • start /b /wait "parentconsole" Cinebench.exe g_CinebenchAllTests=true

Here are my results using a Noctua NH-D15 for cooling, fixed CPU voltage, CPU frequency at auto.

Ryzen 7 2700X @4.29 GHz (Auto)
  • Multi core: 11300
  • Single core: 1143

Post your results here: Cinebench R23 scores

·
Turtle Lives Matter
5,005 Posts
My results:
  • ST: 1300
  • MT: 10190
Setup:
  • Ryzen 5 3600 @4.35GHz
  • 32GB RAM @3800MT/s 16-19-19-39 CR1
  • Windows 10 Pro 1909

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
running now, will update in a sec.....

9900k @ 4.95GHz results.... Have no clue if these numbers are within range or not?!

·
Overclocker in training
14,314 Posts
Hi,
No leader board waste of time
We already have a cinebench thread with no leader board don't need two.
Actually pretty easy

User NameCPUGPUSingle CoreMulti Core Score

·
Turtle Lives Matter
5,005 Posts
Hi,
No leader board waste of time
We already have a cinebench thread with no leader board don't need two.
Are you making a spreadsheet or just party pooping?

·
Overclocker in training
14,314 Posts
Are you making a spreadsheet or just party pooping?
Hi,
Not my thread op can easily add a leader board if people ask him/ her too
I'm personally just showing how easy it is to add one lol

·
Registered
480 Posts
for some reason the bench doesn't launch on my system. double click the .exe and happens nothing nada zilch

·
Registered
480 Posts
Do you have an older Windows version by any chance?
Yeah I do.

I'm still on 1909 since I can't install the 2004 update, because of OS drive is not GPT or vice versa. I'm too lazy to install fresh Win10. "Windows can't installed because this PC has an unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware"

·
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I do.

I'm still on 1909 since I can't install the 2004 update, because of OS drive is not GPT or vice versa. I'm too lazy to install fresh Win10. "Windows can't installed because this PC has an unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware"
Any Win10 should work as far as I have understood.

• Rep+
Reactions: man from atlantis

·
Banned
1,957 Posts
Stock Ryzen 7 3800 XT

·
A lot lazier than before
1,350 Posts
Ryzen 9 3900X with custom loop and Buildzoid's Easy Ryzen OC on Gigabyte boards (really just letting it boost past specs):

//Edit: This is with me still browsing the internet and checking my tech news... not a try-hard test. Running single core now, same disclaimer.

//Edit 2: Ok finished single as well, updated picture with both scores

·
Overclocker in training
14,314 Posts
Hi,
Cinebench R20 & R23 Leader Boards

·
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I have made a Google sheet, you can post your results here: Cinebench R23 scores

As I have never used it before I would be thankful if someone could show me the basics. I have protected the first row, let me know if I should do anything else.

Thanks,
dspx

·
Overclocker in training
14,314 Posts
I have made a Google sheet, you can post your results here: Cinebench R23 scores

As I have never used it before I would be thankful if someone could show me the basics. I have protected the first row, let me know if I should do anything else.

Thanks,
dspx
Hi,
You don't need a doc besides that one you linked to requires login
The post editor has all the tools needed to create a leader board.
Just use Insert table icon.

·
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi,
You don't need a doc besides that one you linked to requires login
The post editor has all the tools needed to create a leader board.
Just use Insert table icon.
Thank you. I think I managed to change it now.

·
Overclocker in training
14,314 Posts
Thank you. I think I managed to change it now.
Hi,
Poor way to do new boards man but what ever I've said it too many times already and showed you how.

Older boards are stuck using doc's because they have way too many subs to redo.

·
Overclocker
11,688 Posts
4690K 4.6/4.2 GHz, 2.4 GHz CL11
R23 ST 1145, MT 4392

Code:
CBCPU1=1144.967543
CBCPUX=4392.029374
CBCPU1PEAK=1144.967543
CBCPUXPEAK=4485.732048
CBCPU1ARRAY={1144.968}
CBCPUXARRAY={4485.732,4135.846,4471.101,4475.438}
C4DINFO=
C4DVERSION=23.200
C4DBUILDID=RBBenchmark330542
Which as expected is again quite close to 2000 Zen in single core it seems and why upgrading didn't make sense for such a long time.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Nothing official or anything.
5950X PBO Enabled.
300W PPT, 230W EDC, 230W TDC

1 - 20 of 47 Posts