Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
3DFX User
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went from one hour left to four left on steam what a joke.

·
3DFX User
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually its ready to play for those that preloaded.

·
3DFX User
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its awesome guys if you are on the fence! Just another great civ game!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Games that I know I am gonna play the crap out of I get a physical retail copy. Too many problems with digital downloads of Oblivion to mess around with it again...ended up buying that game and expansions twice....grrrr.

Waiting for UPS to ring the doorbell telling me my copy has arrived

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Apparently, I have a lot to learn in order to play this game properly. I was playing Civ 4 last night to pass the time and while nothing crazy happened and I was expanding my boarders and what not. I felt a little lost. Nonetheless, I was having so much fun and before I knew it it was 2 hours later. Eagerly awaiting Civ 5. I can't wait to really get into this series and learn the in's and out's.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nvidiagamer View Post
Apparently, I have a lot to learn in order to play this game properly. I was playing Civ 4 last night to pass the time and while nothing crazy happened and I was expanding my boarders and what not. I felt a little lost. Nonetheless, I was having so much fun and before I knew it it was 2 hours later. Eagerly awaiting Civ 5. I can't wait to really get into this series and learn the in's and out's.
Same here, I've played all the Civ games that have released for the pc and I only know about 1/2 of what I should. I'm not really into making each turn last 30-60 minutes(once I have 30+ cities). And Civ 4 is still a great game I enjoy playing the NextWar mod on BtS that I'm sure I will still play it even after playing Civ 5 a bunch.

·
3DFX User
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This one is still as deep but much more streamlined. Gonna sink alot of hours into this one.

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
You guys are so lazy...

Why don't you just leave your house (
) and go and buy the game in store?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nathris View Post
You guys are so lazy...

i agree!

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by marduk666 View Post
i agree!
Also, its $49.99 USD on Steam and $49.99 CAD in store, which should take care of the gas/bus fare.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nathris View Post
You guys are so lazy...

Because I had an Amazon gift card, but thanks for judging me.

·
Banned
4,844 Posts
With the advent of cable internet it is much faster to just download then get dressed and drive to a store. I don't know wheter to buy this or not but still trying to get some new pc parts too so probably won't for a while.

Game has lan though so there is always the pirate approach I guess

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I preloaded so why go to the store.

Fun game except it keeps locking up. Been playing for an hour and I'm only 30 turns in because I keep having to start from autosaves.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by [nK]Sharp
View Post

With the advent of cable internet it is much faster to just download then get dressed and drive to a store. I don't know wheter to buy this or not but still trying to get some new pc parts too so probably won't for a while.

Game has lan though so there is always the pirate approach I guess

Agreed. The whole reason I love steam so much is that:

(1) Just click my mouse to install / uninstall. No stupid dvd's to get scratched / lose.
(2) Never have to worry about patches. Sure I wish we lived in a time when pc game programmers weren't such lazy bags of $hit that made their customers their beta testers. Not to rant, but if your game has more than 10 patches in the first 3 months of release date then you should $hitcan your whole programming team. I'm looking at you Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2.
(3) Multiplayer environment on steam is best in industry. Even better than Xbox. Most of the time its incorporated into the game itself. AND it allows you to view steam id's of peeps in the game lobby in realtime. For example, girls who show their boobs in their steam ID always get priority on servers I host.

1 - 20 of 168 Posts