Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw these in my local computer shop and was wondering if anyone had any experience with them..I also heard that you can't use this TIM with aluminum heat sinks..but when I visit their website they don't mention anything about it..

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by squid267
View Post

Are you talking about a liquid metal heat sink? Like Danamic's LM10?

http://www.nordichardware.com/Reviews/?skrivelse=549

No its a thermal paste..supposedly the best because it literally bonds your heatsink and cpu together minimizing or eliminating all air pockets..however the pad application makes installation much easier and dummy proof...

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
If your looking into a metal type, try to find some Liquid Metal PRO. it literally is a liquid and covers the whole entire CPU with ease.

the only part that sucks is the clean up for when your reseating or switching sinks.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
CL Liquid Metal Pro is really hard to clean up and leaves behind a thin layer of white stuff on the base of the heatsink and CPU. Many people complain about cleaning it up.

·
Premium Member
4,775 Posts
I wouldn't use it dude. I heard that stuff permanently bonds itself to your heatsink and CPU and is literally impossible to remove. Not only that, I also heard that it doesn't do any better than OCZ Freeze.

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by slothfish
View Post

I wouldn't use it dude. I heard that stuff permanently bonds itself to your heatsink and CPU and is literally impossible to remove. Not only that, I also heard that it doesn't do any better than OCZ Freeze.

In reviews, it usually beats OCZ Freeze by a degree or so. Not worth the headache in my opinion.

On CL's website (http://www.coollaboratory.com/en/product_metalpad.shtml), they say the pad is OK to use on aluminum -
Quote:

The Liquid MetalPad can be used with all on the cooling market commercially available materials, for instance aluminum or copper!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts