Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there. I belong to a clan called [-d³-], which stands for (Deadly, Dominant, Destructive). We are a somewhat new clan, and are currently competing in Cal matches and have our own 24/7 office server... its not the biggest and best clan by all means, though we practice alot and compete as best as possible.

Anyways, Im asking for your guys help becasue i know that some of you have great skill at graphic arts, and our clan is really looking for an atractive, well put together clan logo. It would be nice to have the logo as a spray aswell, but not necessary. Perhaps some of you could scrap somthing up, trying to integrate something of the clan name such as the [-d³-] tag... I dunno its up to you guys on what it looks like.

Thanks for the time guys!

-=pbasil1=-

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I have a degree in media arts and animation and have a extensive background in Photoshop CS2, Illustrator and Indesign. I'm co-owner of hybreedstudios and I have all the tools I need since I freelance on the side. I was just about to hit the back button because I didn't want to get involved with something that will take time I could have been working on a client project. Sorry if that sounds harsh but I have alot of stuff to do so i have to set priorities, ya know. But I can make exceptions to people on Overclock.net.

so do you or your clan have any ideas what your looking for or you haven't cross that bridge yet. When I talk to clients I usually have to sit down with them and get a understanding what they are expecting. So let me know what you have in mind.

The first step are concept and brainstorming.

btw: your link isn't working right now. I was gona check it out to see what kinda style your clan is..

·

29,532 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well i really appreciate you taking the time to try and work with me, and as i said there may be some pay for a good logo, though i must be honest, im sure it will not be nearly as much as what your used to getting paid. As for a theme, ill try and get a hold of some clan members to all brainstorm, and maybe we could meet in a chat room to just through out some ideas or something... There is a working link to our clan site in my sig, i dont know why the other link wouldnt work, it kept putting oc.net url infornt of the sites url...

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pbasil1

Well i really appreciate you taking the time to try and work with me, and as i said there may be some pay for a good logo, though i must be honest, im sure it will not be nearly as much as what your used to getting paid. As for a theme, ill try and get a hold of some clan members to all brainstorm, and maybe we could meet in a chat room to just through out some ideas or something... There is a working link to our clan site in my sig, i dont know why the other link wouldnt work, it kept putting Overclock.net url infornt of the sites url...

yeah no prob, I wasn't completely worried about bein paid and I understand its not on the same level as a project for a client. But since your a member here i'd give you some professional level work. Anyways yes please think it through, because if you just let me go and make something it may come out differently then you would have hoped for. The creative process can take allot of time if you want it to be nice.

I get the impression you guys are looking for a logo, and a banner. The logo can be the spray. although im not sure if you guys want or the HL engine will let me use a Tiff or Targa format with a alpha channel so the spray doesn't have to look like it has a square boarder like any other image.

And for the logo I'm thinking you guys want to incorporate the D3

Edit: maybe if i get some time I can mess with the alpha channels and CSS tonight

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by DigitrevX

yeah no prob, I wasn't completely worried about bein paid and I understand its not on the same level as a project for a client. But since your a member here i'd give you some professional level work. Anyways yes please think it through, because if you just let me go and make something it may come out differently then you would have hoped for. The creative process can take allot of time if you want it to be nice.

I get the impression you guys are looking for a logo, and a banner. The logo can be the spray. although im not sure if you guys want or the HL engine will let me use a Tiff or Targa format with a alpha channel so the spray doesn't have to look like it has a square boarder like any other image.

And for the logo I'm thinking you guys want to incorporate the D3

Edit: maybe if i get some time I can mess with the alpha channels and CSS tonight

You sound like your really gonna try hard on this, and i greatly thank you for that. So anyways, we will be brain storming over the next few days and ill get back to you as soon as we find an idea(s) we like...

Other people are welcome to still give some input! Ill take anything at this point...lol

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Ok i took a little time to see what can be done with the spray. I took 5 minutes and threw a super crappy logo togeather for the test. I found out I can use targas with alpha channels but I think im limited by size because of the 32bit image. I tried a few diffrent sizes but nothing mattered when I was using a alpha. I noticed the actual file size didn't really matter but I have yet to try a regular image to prove my theory with the 32bit images. I attached images of the little test.

LL
LL
LL

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Ok i took a little time to see what can be done with the spray. I took 5 minutes and threw a super crappy logo togeather for the test. I found out I can use targas with alpha channels but I think im limited by size because of the 32bit image. I tried a few diffrent sizes but nothing mattered when I was using a alpha. I noticed the actual file size didn't really matter but I have yet to try a regular image to prove my theory with the 32bit images. I attached images of the little test.

Awesome! That looks like its gonna leave us with some really cool options. The guys are brianstorming, and were having a little diffuculty just thinking of what we want... But i should have some ideas by tomorrow.... Thanks again man!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey, I'm part of the d3 clan, and I was doing some brainstorming. The site colors are green / black / gray, so it'd be nice to have something that melds those. We're a CS Source clan, so any images you want to use related to that would be great. We're also moving towards being competitive, so anything that symbolizes winning, championships, etc. would be cool. We're also mainly focusing our play in the CAL league (http://www.caleague.com), so any images you find there would be cool. Basically, just some mixture of d³, the color scheme, and something intimidating would be awesome. I don't know how familiar you are with CS Source, but I'm sure we can track down images / ideas around what to incorporate if you need us to. I'm a software / web developer (a.k.a code monkey), and I know how good you creative types are at producing cool design, so I'd rather not hamper your creativity with a bunch of requests. I'll keep in touch with this thread, and again, our whole crew is excited to see what someone with talent can do.

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Holy jesus! You joined OC.net! Welcome skilla!

Mount is the big boss man himself.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mount187

Hey, I'm part of the d3 clan, and I was doing some brainstorming. The site colors are green / black / gray, so it'd be nice to have something that melds those. We're a CS Source clan, so any images you want to use related to that would be great. We're also moving towards being competitive, so anything that symbolizes winning, championships, etc. would be cool. We're also mainly focusing our play in the CAL league (http://www.caleague.com), so any images you find there would be cool. Basically, just some mixture of d³, the color scheme, and something intimidating would be awesome. I don't know how familiar you are with CS Source, but I'm sure we can track down images / ideas around what to incorporate if you need us to. I'm a software / web developer (a.k.a code monkey), and I know how good you creative types are at producing cool design, so I'd rather not hamper your creativity with a bunch of requests. I'll keep in touch with this thread, and again, our whole crew is excited to see what someone with talent can do.

ok I gotcha, im making a list things I need to hit. I have CSS and I do take time to pay every now and then so I'm somewhat familiar with it.

So far I need to use the clan colors, green, black, grey
Try to symbolize strength and superiority
Give a intimidation feel and competitiveness
And use the D3 tag/logo

Are there any fonts you guys like in particular, or a style? I have just about any font under the sun and I can mod them to be unique to your logo. Try to describe the font you would like if you don't have it or have seen one like it and I'm sure I can make it happen. Also are you guys looking for a super clean look or a rough grungy hardcore look? If I have time I can make the logo actual 3d. It requires me to make a 2d flat version in Illustrator then import the vector file to Maya 7.0. Then render it to Photoshop and clean up the final product.

My only hurdle right now is source images. Unfortunately nor my studio or I have any nice high res stock photos of swat or terrorists forces. I might have to suck it up and google it. I kinda frown upon that because the images off google are typically not high res. Although it is possible to take a screen shot in game and Photoshop it.

oh, and welcome!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Clean is better than grainy. As far as fonts, something that matches the clean / sharp look. Not too bold, but not to skinny .. just something normal. Also, you can incorporate the "deadly, dominant, destructive" if you want.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I’ll get some quick rough versions of what font to use asap. This way it will help give us something to jog creative ideas and weed out bad ideas. Some times you just have to mess with stuff till its looks right, other times it can come strait out of concept to final product. I think in this case it might be a form of trial and error.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I put together a few ideas for a logo that might strike you if you saw them in person. These are only fonts so far and they are only concepts so feel free to mix and match ideas. The layout is not set in stone. I'm just trying to find a feel or style to go by through a font and then comes layout and so on. Making a banner is a little different so things might have to be moved around but the first step is a logo that will identify you as D3.

These are a mixture of futuristic, military stencil. I numbered them so its easier to point them out. Number 2 is suppose to look like its been through war in case that raises a question. Number 5's #3 has a little bit of that style, but the rest are strait stencil and futuristic/simplistic.

If the D3 final product is some what close to the original font I can send it to you to use for headings for your site.

·
Registered
11 Posts
#7 looks pretty cool, but we need to make sure it's a d-cubed (d³) and not a d3. We catch a lot of crap about immitating Team3D, so I'd like to avoid as much confusion as possible.
Pretty cool ideas so far though. Much better than what we've come up with. lawl

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I like #6.... its pretty sleek i think... and its definately a d³, not a d3.lol

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
ok so i definitly think we are going for the cleaner futuristic look. And i'll make sure its D to the 3rd power and not D3. I was going to make one that was DDD but if figure if you guys liked that you would have had tags like that.... so ok well, umm tonight I got to get some work done for an environment but let me know if you guys have given it any further though of what you invision in a logo. In a little im going to start collecting source images of stuff I can incorperate in there to give it a "bad a$$" look. I'm shooting for something that gives us the best of both worlds with the alpha channel. This was you can have a version with a alpha and one without so you can pick what you like.

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quote:

ok so i definitly think we are going for the cleaner futuristic look. And i'll make sure its D to the 3rd power and not D3. I was going to make one that was DDD but if figure if you guys liked that you would have had tags like that.... so ok well, umm tonight I got to get some work done for an environment but let me know if you guys have given it any further though of what you invision in a logo. In a little im going to start collecting source images of stuff I can incorperate in there to give it a "bad a$$" look. I'm shooting for something that gives us the best of both worlds with the alpha channel. This was you can have a version with a alpha and one without so you can pick what you like.

Awesome! Well post any other thoughts/ ideas we come up with...

Cant wait to see your final work, i know its just gonne be insane...

1 - 20 of 50 Posts