Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know that thing in the footer? The section on the right? Those are the 10 most recent articles that have been posted. They are, as of now:

1. A guide about savings from PSU efficiency
2. A question that should go in the Intel forums
3. Something more akin to a discussion and therefore more appropriate on the forums
4. News article in the very wrong section
5. Guide and tips regarding a specific case
6. A piece about what Mantle is and how it affects you
7. Question about how to start overclocking
8. Op-ed on AMD's current GPU line-up and what they need to stay competitive
9. How to effectively cool a certain laptop
10. How to use an SSD to its best potential in Linux

Out of all of those, #1, #5, #8, #9, and #10 should stay. The other half are in the very wrong section. Either don't let new users post there (rep, post count, or length-of-membership requirement), lay out some ground rules for what is and is not appropriate, or police it a bit better. The oldest of those five that should be deleted/moved is from January 15th. It's March now.

·
Windows Wrangler
2,288 Posts
    This has bothered me for a long time, too.  I pretty much just stay clear of the Articles section now.  This definitely needs addressed.  Perhaps a 25 rep requirement?  (If the person isn't being helpful, they probably don't need to be writing an article!)

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I see them sometimes, out of the corner of my eye really when I end up scrolling too far down. I completely forget anything is at the bottom here.

Honestly, I forget Articles exist here. It isn't obvious enough. Apart from GIANT, sometimes older links for threads posted by admin/mods (you know, the giant sliding banner..thing?), and the recent posts and recent news, overclock.net and overclock.net/f/ (forums direct link) aren't different enough. OC.net is definitely about the forums, so if we want articles, they will need to push for them more. I wouldn't mind if they changed the home page layout more, as long as the forums had an easy link.

·
Premium Member
10,324 Posts
The article section really doesn't get the love it deserves, and it can definitely be improved upon. I go through it quite a bit and find the absolute most random posts, or people asking questions as the article, etc, etc. The whole system really needs a decent overhaul and to be made more clear about it's purposes, and to promote that it's actually there more to get more people in it.

·
⤷ αC
11,278 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.