Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, been a while.

So ive been rocking my old H80i since the days when i used my old 8320. When i upgraded to Ryzen i was pleasantly surprised to find that the mounting bracket fit fine and i didnt even need an adapter so i continued to use it to push my 1600 to 3.8ghz. Heres the thing, its upwards of 3 years old now and im sure its got plenty of crap built up in there. So my question is how would i go about opening it up to clean it? what should I expect and is it even worth doing? Will I even be able to get it refiled and back together without leaks? thanks.

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
Hello all, been a while.

So ive been rocking my old H80i since the days when i used my old 8320. When i upgraded to Ryzen i was pleasantly surprised to find that the mounting bracket fit fine and i didnt even need an adapter so i continued to use it to push my 1600 to 3.8ghz. Heres the thing, its upwards of 3 years old now and im sure its got plenty of crap built up in there. So my question is how would i go about opening it up to clean it? what should I expect and is it even worth doing? Will I even be able to get it refiled and back together without leaks? thanks.
The AIO aren't really supposed to be serviced, other than the above poster of clearing out dust. I think you just use them till they die, then replace. If this was a custom/open loop, then that is a totally different story.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts