Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Ultra wide wide wide.....
Joined
·
5,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I check the threads that I've post in via the "Your Recent Activity" section in my profile. I found that to be the easiest way to interact with the website and access all the threads that I've been a part of. Trouble is that I don't always want a thread to be up there flashing me with constant updates/new post. It's just that sometimes you lose interest in the topic or just want to leave a simple comment and not pursue the discussion.

Is it possible to modify that list so that one would be able to remove the unwanted "activities" / updates?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,156 Posts
Turn on automatic subscriptions and and set the notification to "Site Only" so you don't get emails when someone posts(unless that's what you want). Now whenever you post, the thread will be added to your subscriptions list. When you're done with the thread and don't plan on posting in it ever again, delete the subscription.

Subscription control panel is located here:
http://www.overclock.net/users/subscriptions/index/action/edit
 

·
Ultra wide wide wide.....
Joined
·
5,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavi Mike View Post

Turn on automatic subscriptions and and set the notification to "Site Only" so you don't get emails when someone posts(unless that's what you want). Now whenever you post, the thread will be added to your subscriptions list. When you're done with the thread and don't plan on posting in it ever again, delete the subscription.

Subscription control panel is located here:
http://www.overclock.net/users/subscriptions/index/action/edit
That's not what I was asking for.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,156 Posts
What you're asking for is a "Recent Activity" section to act like a Subscriptions tab. If you can't handle the truth - sorry I wasted my time trying to help.
 

·
Ultra wide wide wide.....
Joined
·
5,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavi Mike View Post

What you're asking for is a "Recent Activity" section to act like a Subscriptions tab. If you can't handle the truth - sorry I wasted my time trying to help.
It's quite alright. I'm sure someone else will be able to help.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22,005 Posts
Cavi Mike's suggestion is going to be the best way to accomplish this. There is an identical view in your Subscriptions pages that only shows content you have a current subscription to - if you auto-subscribe to everything, you can then unsubscribe remove the things you don't want to show any more.
 

·
Ultra wide wide wide.....
Joined
·
5,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipp View Post

Cavi Mike's suggestion is going to be the best way to accomplish this. There is an identical view in your Subscriptions pages that only shows content you have a current subscription to - if you auto-subscribe to everything, you can then unsubscribe remove the things you don't want to show any more.
Thanks. Well, I'm just asking if it's possible to add something like a "remove" feature to your current activity. We already have subscribe, first post, and last post so I was thinking that adding a remove functionality might not be such a bad idea.
 

·
Bod ***s rock
Joined
·
22,857 Posts
I'm not sure if I understand what is happening in your recent activity.

Are you saying that you post in a thread and then get updates in your recent activity feed on your profile?
If so I would say that shouldn't be happening as other members posting in a thread is not your activity, if you are following any members then their also shows in your feed IIRC which maybe causing your problems
 

·
Aint da way it used to be
Joined
·
2,842 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post

I check the threads that I've post in via the "Your Recent Activity" section in my profile. I found that to be the easiest way to interact with the website and access all the threads that I've been a part of. Trouble is that I don't always want a thread to be up there flashing me with constant updates/new post. It's just that sometimes you lose interest in the topic or just want to leave a simple comment and not pursue the discussion.

Is it possible to modify that list so that one would be able to remove the unwanted "activities" / updates?
I understand what you are saying, and think it would be a good feature. Old threads get old.
 

·
Ultra wide wide wide.....
Joined
·
5,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitemarks and bloodstains View Post

I'm not sure if I understand what is happening in your recent activity.

Are you saying that you post in a thread and then get updates in your recent activity feed on your profile?
If so I would say that shouldn't be happening as other members posting in a thread is not your activity, if you are following any members then their also shows in your feed IIRC which maybe causing your problems
I'm saying that when somebody post in a thread you've posted, that thread becomes bold in recent activity and shows how many new posts it have got since you last checked it and for threads you no longer care about it's annoying that it keeps getting updated.
 

·
Ultra wide wide wide.....
Joined
·
5,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post

I understand what you are saying, and think it would be a good feature. Old threads get old.
Amen.
 

·
Bod ***s rock
Joined
·
22,857 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitemarks and bloodstains View Post

I'm not sure if I understand what is happening in your recent activity.

Are you saying that you post in a thread and then get updates in your recent activity feed on your profile?
If so I would say that shouldn't be happening as other members posting in a thread is not your activity, if you are following any members then their also shows in your feed IIRC which maybe causing your problems
I'm saying that when somebody post in a thread you've posted, that thread becomes bold in recent activity and shows how many new posts it have got since you last checked it and for threads you no longer care about it's annoying that it keeps getting updated.
Well that doesn't seem right, yeah a thread you created is your activity but someone posting in it is not your activity and should not bump it to the top of your recent activity feed in your profile, in fact it doesn't do that in my recent activity feed if I am looking at it correctly.
 

·
Ultra wide wide wide.....
Joined
·
5,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It doesn't bump it to the top. It just gets bold with the number of new posts since you last checked the thread next to it.
 

·
Aint da way it used to be
Joined
·
2,842 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post

It doesn't bump it to the top. It just gets bold with the number of new posts since you last checked the thread next to it.
Right. It would just be nice to be able to get the ones you are no longer interested in off of the list, so that you wouldn't have to scroll through pages and pages of thread titles to see if a thread you have been waiting on a response for has gotten another hit. Being able to remove them would make this so much more convenient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathmake317 View Post

what a horrible idea
Touche. I see your point.
 

·
Ultra wide wide wide.....
Joined
·
5,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post

Right. It would just be nice to be able to get the ones you are no longer interested in off of the list, so that you wouldn't have to scroll through pages and pages of thread titles to see if a thread you have been waiting on a response for has gotten another hit. Being able to remove them would make this so much more convenient.
Exactly. It would be so much better that way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post

I'm saying that when somebody post in a thread you've posted, that thread becomes bold in recent activity and shows how many new posts it have got since you last checked it and for threads you no longer care about it's annoying that it keeps getting updated.
Yep, this happens to me as well, for both threads I've started and threads I've merely commented in, and I get the bold notifications whether the person is replying to me or not.

It's pretty annoying.
 

·
Ultra wide wide wide.....
Joined
·
5,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hopefully admins would take notice of this eventually.

I know as soon as I post in a thread trying to help someone, it will keep bumping in my recent activity box even after the problem is completely resolved past the point where right now, I'm extremely reluctant to post in any threads other than a few I actively check. Severely hampering my abilities to help fellow overclockers.

So please, if it's not too much too ask, can you modify this and add a simple "remove from recent activity" or something similar?
 

·
Bod ***s rock
Joined
·
22,857 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitemarks and bloodstains View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitemarks and bloodstains View Post

I'm not sure if I understand what is happening in your recent activity.

Are you saying that you post in a thread and then get updates in your recent activity feed on your profile?
If so I would say that shouldn't be happening as other members posting in a thread is not your activity, if you are following any members then their also shows in your feed IIRC which maybe causing your problems
I'm saying that when somebody post in a thread you've posted, that thread becomes bold in recent activity and shows how many new posts it have got since you last checked it and for threads you no longer care about it's annoying that it keeps getting updated.
Well that doesn't seem right, yeah a thread you created is your activity but someone posting in it is not your activity and should not bump it to the top of your recent activity feed in your profile, in fact it doesn't do that in my recent activity feed if I am looking at it correctly.
I still don't understand this.

This thread is no where to be seen in my recent activity (unless I hit more about 50 times to get to the point where I last posted in this thread), none of the posts in here has triggered any sort of response in my profile.
 

·
Ultra wide wide wide.....
Joined
·
5,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitemarks and bloodstains View Post

I still don't understand this.

This thread is no where to be seen in my recent activity (unless I hit more about 50 times to get to the point where I last posted in this thread), none of the posts in here has triggered any sort of response in my profile.
Check your recent activity again. This thread should be on the top 10. Any thread you post in goes to the top of your recent activity.
 
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Top