16Gb HyperX
Msata SSD
1Tb storage
intel AC wireless
**** speakers
blah blah blah,

important bit:
GTX860M

BUT the newer revision of the laptop has a 960M and it looks like just a clock bump.

is it possible to flash 960m bios over top?

·
Still kinda lost
3,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Pete View Post

right,
i have a clevo W230SS:
4K 13.3" IPS
i7 4710mq
16Gb HyperX
Msata SSD
1Tb storage
intel AC wireless
**** speakers
blah blah blah,

important bit:
GTX860M

BUT the newer revision of the laptop has a 960M and it looks like just a clock bump.

is it possible to flash 960m bios over top?
Get a good TIM and just overlock that beast until it surpasses the 960m, problem solved.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awsan View Post

Get a good TIM and just overlock that beast until it surpasses the 960m, problem solved.
got a 240mhz core oc atm,

using Thermal Grizly kryonaut paste.

·
Still kinda lost
3,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Pete View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awsan View Post

got a 240mhz core oc atm,

using Thermal Grizly kryonaut paste.
Then your best option is to visit notebookreview website and get to the forums and ask some of the Bios modding folks to help you achieve better overclocks as there are a lot of bioses with unlocked voltage, with FN+F1 mode on the Sager you can get pretty good temps under load although its very loud.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Check out prema bios for unlocked 860m vbios. I know there is a lot of overclocking going on with that particularly card and it can almost match a 780m when overclocked.
thumb.gif

I wont recommend flashing vbios as its likely the 860m is soldered on board and the vbios for BGA cards are likely on compatible with the same system, though the clevo version may use MXM. Either way, just overclock it. The 960m vbios wont have anything extra compare to an unlocked 860m.

·
Still kinda lost
3,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Testier View Post

Check out prema bios for unlocked 860m vbios. I know there is a lot of overclocking going on with that particularly card and it can almost match a 780m when overclocked.
thumb.gif

I wont recommend flashing vbios as its likely the 860m is soldered on board and the vbios for BGA cards are likely on compatible with the same system, though the clevo version may use MXM. Either way, just overclock it. The 960m vbios wont have anything extra compare to an unlocked 860m.
^This.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Testier View Post

thumb.gif

lappy already has prima bios how would i go about flashing a vbios? the 860m is indeed soldered.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts