Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I instaled today an asus xonar d1 and after my computer refused to boot up i removed the mobo batery and i reset the BIOS.Everytime i boot up i get this loud clicky noise from the sound card (physical,not from speakers).I know right?
kookoo.gif
.I switched to another PCI slot but the problem persist.

Please help!Thank you in advance!

·
Premium Member
6,171 Posts
My Xonar does the same thing. Usually right around the time when Windows loads to the login screen.

I'm fairly certain it's normal. I've had this card for about 8 months and the clicking has never caused any issues.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbalt89 View Post

My Xonar does the same thing. Usually right around the time when Windows loads to the login screen.
Yes.Exactly...

Quote:

I'm fairly certain it's normal. I've had this card for about 8 months and the clicking has never caused any issues.
Well,i had to reset my bios earlier because the windows couldn't boot.I never had this issue before (with this PC) and i did nothing else beside instaling the driver for the sound card and 20 minutes later my mouse shut down.I try to press CTRL+ALT+DEL and I get nothing,my keyboard wasn't working either(the computer was runing cause I could hear the song playing from the speakers),I unplugged both and I plugged them back and still nothing.I restart my computer and the windows couldn't boot.I shut it down and power it back but I couldn't even get pass the first screen (with memeory,hdd) or acces the BIOS.So I removed the battery and reset the BIOS.Now it works fine beside that ANOYING clicky sound that I get everytime i power on or shut down the PC
kookoo.gif

Thank you for your post.I hope that someone will clarify this for me cause now im like
wth.gif

·
Finding order in chaos
880 Posts
Its the sound card just doing it's thing, perfectly normal.
Its a safety switch that clicks on/off to avoid a "pop" in your speakers when the device starts up and shuts down.

I'm sure someone else can explain it better than I but thats the idea anyways
thumb.gif

·
Premium Member
6,171 Posts
Yeah, I'm thinking the peripheral problem you're having is not related to the sound card at all.

Have you tried using different USB ports? Could be the rear panel taking a dump.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Yeah, I'm thinking the peripheral problem you're having is not related to the sound card at all.
Have you tried using different USB ports? Could be the rear panel taking a dump.
I think you might be right.I switched to another USB port and it seems to work fine now.Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts