Overclock.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually, design a test site for clients to review and sign off, before I move the site to the live server for final testing of links etc..., but I have a client that wants me to set up everything fully on my server before they approve the site to go live. Now I have in my contract that I must test links live on the clients server to avoid just this case.

Here are my options cause I'm mad now and have done a lot to appease this client as they are large and could boost my business.

1. Charge client 500 extra to connect all links, pics, videos, and set up contact page on my server.
2. Just tell them no and to read my contract
3. Drop client.

Do any of you build out a full site in a test environment before launch?

**** update 1/30/2012

Waiting on client to accept price for extra services. Its been a week and will be two weeks this Thursday. I have taken the test site down for now until a decision is made.

·
Premium Member
10,487 Posts
yup, inform them that since they are asking for more than specified in the contract, you will have to charge them more for the extra service that is not part of that contract.
More than likely, they will say fine, just do it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.