Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually, design a test site for clients to review and sign off, before I move the site to the live server for final testing of links etc..., but I have a client that wants me to set up everything fully on my server before they approve the site to go live. Now I have in my contract that I must test links live on the clients server to avoid just this case.

Here are my options cause I'm mad now and have done a lot to appease this client as they are large and could boost my business.

1. Charge client 500 extra to connect all links, pics, videos, and set up contact page on my server.
2. Just tell them no and to read my contract
3. Drop client.

Do any of you build out a full site in a test environment before launch?

**** update 1/30/2012

Waiting on client to accept price for extra services. Its been a week and will be two weeks this Thursday. I have taken the test site down for now until a decision is made.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Yeah I'd just be honest about it and tell them it's extra work for you, and you don't work for free. Advise them on how necessary you think it is and give them the extra cost and they can decide how they want to play it.

·
Premium Member
10,487 Posts
yup, inform them that since they are asking for more than specified in the contract, you will have to charge them more for the extra service that is not part of that contract.
More than likely, they will say fine, just do it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yea, like the others I would certainly say go for asking extra, I mean. It's extra work for you, so naturally charge extra for it.
If they don't go for that, refer to your contract.

·
Banned
5,064 Posts
It will be fine. If it is a big company it will probably be getting waffled through various levels of management.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts