Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might be geting a Renault Clio "Y" reg unsure of the rating ie 1.0 , 1.1 etc etc just wondering are they a good first Car ?? or am i better with what seem to be more populara a Corsa :/

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
Corsa is horrible car to drive, at least the newer ones anyway. A friend had one as a courtesy car while his MG was in the garage, it was a brand new one and the positioning of the gearstick and the layout of the dash was really poor.

I have an M reg 106, been driving for 2 years now. I love my little pug, it handles well, its comfortable and (I thrash the living crap out of it) it just keeps on going
I like all Peugeots, whereas a lot of people say they have bad experiences with poor quality and service...my mum has had 3x 106s, 2x 306s and now her second 206 from the same garage and none of them have had problems and we've been really impressed with the service.

Toyota/Honda/Mazda/Nissan (if you want a Micra...) are the best way really. Cheap, efficient and reliable. I don't really like them in looks but you can't argue with the reports of satisfied customers.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
My wife had a MK2 clio she then lent it to someone for ten mins and wrote it off for her
, she loved that car loads (1.2L) went like poo off a shovel!

We now have a fiat punto, bought it for a £100 and it went though the MOT no problems! Bargain! Not a bad car just fidly to repair.

The best car i had was a (belive it or not) Rover 216sli (honda enigne), Great car just a shame its viewed as an old mans car

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
I wish they still sold some of the euro cars over here. I'd still buy a fiat, some of them look pretty nice, like the punto. But that clio looks pretty cool, nice buy man.

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ch13f121

I wish they still sold some of the euro cars over here. I'd still buy a fiat, some of them look pretty nice, like the punto. But that clio looks pretty cool, nice buy man.

Cheers man i shall show it when im done and finished modding it

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Nice! i like the colour! my wife would be spitting lol, what kind of mods are you going to do?

5" Big bore? lol

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im gonna get myself a set of rims but that wont be till later this year along with Tink the back Side Windows 80% new Exhaust and new CD player and maybe later on i will do a lil bit more too it

·
Registered
82 Posts
That clio you got was the most popular car in Croatia, now its Golf. Good luck moding it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Man that sucks you guys have 1.1L cars... And I thought the 1.6 honda motors were tiny. How much does that thing weight? Looks like it wouldn't go up a hill with the ac on.

That's what happens when they tax gas up the ass. You guys should have revolted or something when gas prices started going up.

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote:

Originally Posted by gamer7

I looked it up the newest 1.2 needs 12.6sec to get to 60mph the older 1.2 needs 15sec.

mines is a 2001 :/ bout to get Induction kit fitted lowered and a new set of Alloys on it soon ish so the Induction kit will make it a lil bit nippier but i dont think it will improve the 0-60 time

·
Premium Member
5,144 Posts
I wish I could buy a 206.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts