Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My clock on this computer is averaging about 1 minute & 40 seconds for every minute on the computer. I have reset the clock about 8 times today. I have synced it everytime I reset it. I did have to use several of the sync sites as an error would sometimes occur. Does anybody have any ideas? This is happening while the computer is turned on & running, so I would not think it would be a CMOC battery issue. I have had this computer running less than 8 days of actual operating time. All brand new stuff except MB was Open Box but this issue just started yesterday.

·
Fettered Firewall
2,491 Posts
New CMOS battery. Sounds like the clock crystal isn't keeping up.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
It does sound like a CMOS battery issue-- I think it still does keep the time when the computer is on.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vlasov_581 View Post
so instead of 1 minute you get 1 minute 40?
Every minute that the computer shows is actually 1 minute & 40 seconds in real time.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by yankneck View Post
Every minute that the computer shows is actually 1 minute & 40 seconds in real time.
So basically your computer is a time machine? ..

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by superon View Post
It does sound like a CMOS battery issue-- I think it still does keep the time when the computer is on.
Are they MB specific? I have another computer that I stole all of the other parts out of but still have the MB could I possibly use that battery?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by superon View Post
So basically your computer is a time machine? ..

LOL yeah slowing time down. It's how I decided to stay young LMAO

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by yankneck View Post
Are they MB specific? I have another computer that I stole all of the other parts out of but still have the MB could I possibly use that battery?

Most mobo's use the exact same battery.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeremyFr View Post
Most mobo's use the exact same battery.
Awesome thank you. I will swap it out & let ya'll know.

·
Fettered Firewall
2,491 Posts
They are pretty standard batteries.. Like big watch batteries.

I would double check however between my ASUS and Gigabyte boards they are the same.. Like LHXXX something or LHNXXX.

However I just thought of something as well. You didn't by chance modify any of the priorities of the services/applications on this build did you? I know for a fact, by trying to elevate the priority of a process (Normal, Above Normal, High, Real-Time) WILL infact give you the same description of the problem ESPECIALLY in HIGH and most definitely in REAL-TIME.

Don't try this if you haven't but if the processes are time slicing too much CPU cycles the clock will not fall behind, but the update will. You'll see it stagger the updates to the clock. Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
4,678 Posts
Sounds like its time for a new battery. I had this issue twice before and it was a slowly dieing battery.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ictinike View Post
They are pretty standard batteries.. Like big watch batteries.

I would double check however between my ASUS and Gigabyte boards they are the same.. Like LHXXX something or LHNXXX.

However I just thought of something as well. You didn't by chance modify any of the priorities of the services/applications on this build did you? I know for a fact, by trying to elevate the priority of a process (Normal, Above Normal, High, Real-Time) WILL infact give you the same description of the problem ESPECIALLY in HIGH and most definitely in REAL-TIME.

Don't try this if you haven't but if the processes are time slicing too much CPU cycles the clock will not fall behind, but the update will. You'll see it stagger the updates to the clock. Just a thought.
I am not sure if I had done this or not but I know I had made some changes to the BIOS a few days back. Either way it was either resetting the BIOS or changing the battery that fixed the problem. Seeing as I did not stick the original battery back in I can not determine for sure which aspect it was but the problem is fixed now, that is the main thing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts