Overclock.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It would be nice if we could close our own topics or even delete them if no posts have been made. I see alot of topics around here that keep rambling on after the person has been helped. I also have posted ******ed topics that people see, and i get all

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by blob

It would be nice if we could close our own topics or even delete them if no posts have been made. I see alot of topics around here that keep rambling on after the person has been helped. I also have posted ******ed topics that people see, and i get all

If you want the threads to be closed or deleted jsut PM a Moderator.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I like it, could have used it numerous times, some of those posts that just go totally off topic and you just want the memory gone!

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by blob

I guess... I just want more power

With that kind of power many people would delete their own previous posts that they are embarased about, the problem with that is that basically all of our posts can help others no matter how stupid you think the topic is it can help.

If you find posts or threads that you think need closed or deleted just PM a mod and we will review the request to see if the content can help anyone before it is deleted or closed.

·
Premium Member
3,983 Posts
If everyone had this ability there would be a lot of posts deleted and that isnt good for sponsors and there really wouldnt be need for mods now would there. Its our job to make sure topics stay on topic and decide what posts we can do without. I think its safe to say: Leave the power to us...

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
deleting topics isnt necessary but I personally think a close topic button should be there... if not, perhaps instead of manually having to pm a mod every time you wish to close your own threads, admin could add a button that says something along the lines of "Submit thread for closure" and it would start a queue for mods to check everyday

• Rep+
Reactions: Crash

·
Premium Member
3,983 Posts
That could be an idea; but to hand that power directly to regular members is most definately out of the question I would presume.

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by thenut

deleting topics isnt necessary but I personally think a close topic button should be there... if not, perhaps instead of manually having to pm a mod every time you wish to close your own threads, admin could add a button that says something along the lines of "Submit thread for closure" and it would start a queue for mods to check everyday

I think TheNut is on to something with the submitting for closure!

It would definitely keep down the lengthy posting in a thread that should have been closed already...helps keep things current.

Admin and "da boyz" love ideas like this!

Lets see what we can do for ya!

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Hey Crash, isnt it nice to know the moderators at Overclock.net can give its members closure?

Some people pay good money for closure...

BWA HAHAHAHA

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.