Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Overclock Scientist
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

I want to build a new rig so I'm selling my signature rig and don't really want to take it apart to sell it in pieces. Looking for local pickup mostly because that thing is delicate and very heavy, besides I can't stand the feeling of the FedEx man accidentally smashing a forklift onto it.

I'll take more pics soon but it's very clean, been running for over a year and hard to see any dust inside. Well maintained loop and amazing quick liquid draining mechanism even with two D5 pumps and 4 radiators. Almost complete liquid drain in a few minutes.

Looking for $6,500

CPU
Intel Core i9 7980XE $2,200.00 self delidded with thermal grizzly liquid metal does 4.4GHz easily, have not tried higher.

Motherboard
Asus Rampage VI Extreme $720.66

GPUs With HB SLI EVGA Bridge
NVIDIA GeForce Titan Xp Pascal 12GB GDDR5X (900-1G611-2500-000) $1,200.00
NVIDIA GeForce Titan Xp Pascal 12GB GDDR5X (900-1G611-2500-000) $1,200.00

RAM
Corsair DominatG.SKILL TridentZ Series 64GB (8 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 4000 (PC4 32000) Intel X299 Desktop Memory Model F4-4000C18Q2-64GTZSW $1,436.48

Hard Drive
Samsung 970 PRO Series - 512GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD $247.99

Power Supply
EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2, 80+ TITANIUM 1600W, Fully Modular, EVGA ECO Mode $429.00

Cooling
Bitspower D5 / MCP655 Mod Kit - Deluxe White Finish $110.00
XSPC AX420 Radiator, 140mm x 3, Dual Fan, White x3 $363.00
XSPC AX280 Radiator, 140mm x 2, Dual Fan, White $90.00
Thermaltake Riing 14 RGB Series High Pressure 140mm Circular LED Ring Case Radiator Fan CL-F043-PL14SW-B x2 $120.00
Aqua Computer Flow sensor "high flow" G1/4 for aquaero $39.00
EK-FC Titan X Pascal - Acetal+Nickel [3831109831694] x2 $270.00
EK-FC Titan X Pascal Backplate - Black [3831109831700] x2 $70.00
Swiftech MCP655 Series 12 VDC D5 Water Pumps - With Speed Control $95.00
Noctua SSO Bearing Fan Retail Cooling NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM x17 $306.00
Bitspower Dual / Single D5 Top Upgrade Kit 150, Clear Tube, White POM Cap $110.00
Aquacomputer Aquaero 6 XT USB Fan Controller, Graphic LCD, Touch Control, IR Remote $204.00
Aquacomputer D5 Pump Motor with PWM Input and Speed Signal $95.00

Case
Merlin SM8 White $725.00

Operating System
Windows 10 Pro $129.00

Other
EVGA White G2/P2/T2 Power Supply Cable Set, Individually Sleeved (100-CW-1300-B9) $85.00

TOTAL COST OF THIS RIG: $10,245.13 (USD)

·
Overclock Scientist
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump

I added links to some pictures since image upload seems to be broken on this website. I'll more when I get some time, if you want to see a specific angle or component let me know.

·
Overclock Scientist
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man that thing is a beast, don't sell it haha. 4 grand loss after such a short time, it'll probably be a viable system for the next 8-10 years the way the pc industry is moving...
It's a beast but I want to build another one and don't want to take this beauty apart. I think I could ship this thing safely with a custom wooden create but someone would have to be willing to pay for it :)

·
Robocop is #1 movie ever
2,186 Posts
I know how much work went into this setup. Very well executed.

Taking it apart would be quite the chore. Having UPS trash it would be very sad indeed.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Big rigs like this are a real labor of love

My second to last rig was like this...used a huge mountain mod case....unfortunately ended up having to break it down and sell piece by piece.

·
Overclock Scientist
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still selling this guys, I would take certain trades like a good motorcycle :), looking for a cruiser with wide rear tires. Tell me what you got and feel free to post pics :)

I can push the CPU, just let me know what you are looking for.

·
Registered
35 Posts
What about a classic motorcycle fully restored,papers ok and registered as a historic vehicle ?
1959 model ,Mz 250 sport.

Attachments

·
Overclock Scientist
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What about a classic motorcycle fully restored,papers ok and registered as a historic vehicle ?
1959 model ,Mz 250 sport.
Nice but I was looking for something a little more modern like a Victory or Suzuki Boulevard M109 B.O.S.S. or something like that. A 2016+ R1 would be nice too :)

·
Overclock Scientist
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I never sold this rig but now instead of taking it apart I'd like to hand it over to someone. It's been changed a bit though, it now has a Titan V injected into the loop with an EKWB water block. Also has a VRoC Premium key raid 10 Asus hyper m.2 card with Intel 760p drives. The memory is changed to the RGB version, still 4000. The CPU have been swapped out for a 7900X, still delidded.

Come up with a fair offer and let's talk. PM me for questions.

P.S. This whole time, zero leaks on the loop.

·
Rig Advisor
1,963 Posts
When you do take it apart, which you probably will because you won't get 6500$ for that rig as sweet as it is. I got dibs on your case.

·
To The Game
7,617 Posts
Part it out. The custom water cooling and cabling might add a lot of value to you, but, it doesn't add a lot of value to the person buying it. Anyone around here would want the parts and anyone you try to sell to locally wouldn't value the extra hardware. Main options are to sell it at around parts cost, disregarding the custom water cooling and cabling or parting it out.

Don't want to be an a about it but sometimes I think people need a reality check.

·
ٴٴٴ╲⎝⧹˙͜>˙⧸⎠╱
6,078 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
Part it out. You'll be very hard pressed to find someone willing to pay that much for those exact parts. I'd already want to swap stuff out. Why are you including the Windows price, I'd never pay retail for that so including it in your final price paid seems a bit silly.

Good luck though.

·
Robocop is #1 movie ever
2,186 Posts
Part it out. You'll be very hard pressed to find someone willing to pay that much for those exact parts. I'd already want to swap stuff out. Why are you including the Windows price, I'd never pay retail for that so including it in your final price paid seems a bit silly.

Good luck though.
It was worth it a couple of years ago when he posted. Yes the windows price is silly. Get a code for $10.

Did any of this stuff ever sell? Crazy how fast it depreciates. It is nice to have the newest tech but paying for it sucks.

·
Overclocker
11,347 Posts
I would take a look at current generation prices of new comparable hardware.
Then adjust price for age, use and it being 2nd hand. In the end any acceptable cost will likely be a mere fraction of what it cost years ago as new.

Part it out. Even in US you would probably need to be very lucky to find someone local make an offer. No idea why would anyone want to ship this assembled, you would need to take it apart anyway.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I think its difficult becase $6500 is a very very tiny percent of people and most who do have that are gonna try and make their own labor of love. No different than a $1000 computer. I offer people to build them one at a reduced price just cause I like building and you can tell they are thankful but also somewhat unwilling as they would rather piece together what they want and build it themselves as well. Theres a lot of value in pride.

·

12,974 Posts
@Jpmboy might be interested in the Titan V if you decide just to sell the card separate...

it now has a Titan V injected into the loop with an EKWB water block

·
Overclock Scientist
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes, I'm most likely going to part it out but not looking forward to the take down, bad memories of making things work exactly how I wanted it then dismantling it in minutes. I can drain the liquid in like 5 minutes on this thing without shaking it all kinds of ways and upside down.

PS. Selling it for $6,500 today is insanity I know that's why I was asking for offers in PM.

PS#2. I pay retail for windows.

·
Robocop is #1 movie ever
2,186 Posts

·
ٴٴٴ╲⎝⧹˙͜>˙⧸⎠╱
6,078 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts