Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Fellow OCN Members!

I first would like to thank all the awesome OCN members for their contribution and help in this forum.

The support, feedback and information in the forums from community members are very helpful to all other fellow OCN community members including myself.

As a thank-you to all forum members in the keyboard sub-forum that have been helpful in any way or form, I was given approval to give away two Nixeus mechanical keyboards (one of each model).

The two keyboards I will be giving away are our MODA v2 and our new MODA PRO mechanical keyboards (One of each model). There will be one winner per keyboard (a total of two winners will be randomly selected):

MODA v2 - available in Red, Brown, and Blue Switches

MODA PRO - available in Brown and Blue Switches

Both keyboards are floating key designs, metal plate mounted and use MX Compatible Mechanical Key Switches (Kailh) with MX stabilizers for the larger keys - so if you like modding keyboards they should be easy to mod or swapping out key caps. The other major build difference is that the MODA PRO is encased in an aluminum chassis with no cable routing underneath and the MODA v2's bottom is plastic with cable routing. Both keyboards are 100% compatible with MAC and MAC OS. They both also include extra MAC key caps and a key cap puller.

Rules:
- 5 Rep
- Be an OCN Member since at least by the end of 2015
- One entry per person
- US and Canadian addresses only, I will be using USPS or UPS to ship (hopefully in the future I will be allowed to ship internationally).
- Winner is responsible for Customs/VAT if there is any (I will list the item as "Gift" so hopefully there won't be any).

All you have to do is comment on this thread, specify which keyboard and switch type you would like to win, and meet the requirements above.

One winner per keyboard.
The two winners will be selected in 30 days on May 18, 2016 so people will have enough time to enter.

Thank-you again to all OCN community members - keep up the good work and awesome contributions to this forum!
thumb.gif

REVIEWS by OCN Community Members:

Nixeus MODA PRO Review by @Duality92

Nixeus MODA v2 Review by @Ramzinho

Congratulations to the WINNERS!

@Wheezo won the MODA v2

@Boinz won the MODA PRO

I will PM the winners shortly.

I am going to try to do a giveaway at least once every month to give back to the OCN community. So stay tuned as there will be more opportunities available with me giving away different items each time.

Thank-you to all the OCN members who have been contributing to the OCN community and helping others!
thumb.gif

edited: for clarification and added photos with better angles...
edit #2: Added OCN member reviews

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,827 Posts
This is not my official entry. I'm just here to ask a couple of questions before I decide whether I'd like to enter. :)

Is the winner going to receive both keyboards? If I were to enter, then I'd prefer to just win the MODA PRO because it's a full-size keyboard and because I'd have no use for a 2nd keyboard.

Can you show me pictures of the underneath side of the MODA PRO?

• Rep+
Reactions: Peter Nixeus

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Entering as my $4 goodwill special keyboard is quiet worn out. Would like to win a MODA Pro, Brown Switches, need that full keypad.

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Oh god those are nice looking keyboards. The PRO is especially good looking.
In for the MODA v2 with MX Browns since a TKL board would be sweet to own.
Thanks for the chance!

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post

This is not my official entry. I'm just here to ask a couple of questions before I decide whether I'd like to enter.
smile.gif

Is the winner going to receive both keyboards? If I were to enter, then I'd prefer to just win the MODA PRO because it's a full-size keyboard and because I'd have no use for a 2nd keyboard.

Can you show me pictures of the underneath side of the MODA PRO?
Thank-you for the feedback! Its going to be two winners - one winner for the MODA v2 and one winner for the MODA PRO. I just edited the OP for clarification.

Here is an unedited photo of the bottom of the MODA PRO. Its made of aluminum so there is no cable routing underneath.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,827 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Nixeus View Post

Thank-you for the feedback! Its going to be two winners - one winner for the MODA v2 and one winner for the MODA PRO. I just edited the OP for clarification.

Here is an unedited photo of the bottom of the MODA PRO. Its made of aluminum so there is no cable routing underneath.
Wow. Thank you for the fast reply on this (and for the good photo).

After seeing what @XAslanX said though, I have decided not to enter because he needs a new keyboard whereas I don't. I mean, I have an original Filco Majestouch and he has some questionable keyboard from Goodwill that's "quite worn out". So, I'm not entering because I don't want to be reducing his chances of winning. I know that I wouldn't be the only one reducing his chances of winning, but I think I'd rather let someone win this who needs it - preferably someone who doesn't have a mechanical keyboard and who can't afford one either.

·
Did you say Abe Lincoln?
3,148 Posts
I'm in as well very nice looking boards, I like that MODA v2, and I would choose browns for the switches.
smile.gif

·
ლ(╹ε╹ლ)
8,189 Posts
Best of luck to everyone, I can't wait to get my hands on the MODA PRO to start testing it
smile.gif

I am not entering this contest as I want someone without a mechanical keyboard to have at least one.

·
Totally New to OCN
10,627 Posts
My Wife took my Ducky, so count me in Please, for the full keyboard + 10key . I'm really not sure on the switches?? My Ducky was Browns, I liked it just fine but really needed to add some stoppers to prevent the bottom out.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Awesome giveaway! I would love the Moda V2 with Blue switches!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Whee...I'll enter for a Pro with Browns. I always like free things!

Glad you went for the white corners on the case rather than the blue. Looks much better!

·
Registered
491 Posts
I'm in for the MODA v2 - MX Browns please!

Looks pretty sweet!

1 - 20 of 187 Posts