Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
4,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to make this because my MB is reaching the end of its life. It idles in the 60s-70s and under load (One tab of youtube being load lol) it hits the high 80s to low 90s. Considering its Tjunction is 100c, it's definitely not handling the stress well and probably won't live to see this time next year (+ i'm replacing it).

What about you?

·
Registered
914 Posts
that is disturbingly high for a macbook. now if we were talking about mac mini those are about normal temps. I have an old macbook 3.1 its temps are fine but the batter controller on the logic board is dead so it is now a portable desktop and really makes me hate magsafe plugs. your SMC might be really screwed up try resetting it: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3964 if that doesn't work try fan control apps.

·
Premium Member
11,125 Posts
I ran Prime95 on my old MacBook Pro (Core 2 Duo).

Got up to 114C before I shut it off. Lol. They get pretty hot during general use too.

Price you pay for style eh?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Which is the main reason I'm waiting for Ivy Bridge. The i5/i7 quad MacBooks get way too hot. You can try changing the thermal paste and cleaning out the inside, I just did on my MacBook C2D and it runs a bit cooler now.

·
ShakinHips
1,902 Posts
had to change Thermal on all macs i touch and see for other people.....
all macs have bad Thermal placing...really got to me...

But changing it really cooled my macbook air off
constantly running 40-47 C browings internet and running aperture...

60 is the highest i have gotten before fans really kicked in but i force it to kick in at that temp...

·
Premium Member
5,145 Posts
Form over function!

·
Premium Member
3,246 Posts
No Mac here. I sent my first-gen iPod Nano through the wash once or twice, though. As far as I know, it still kind of works.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I thought the price you payed for style was the few extra hundred euro/dollars it costs compared to any other brand or home made.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts