Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all , I am playing mainly CS GO and I have the qck+ mousepad. This is my first mousepad btw , I was always using my desk's surface so I bought the most known mousepad
and common mousepad there is when its comes to csgo. However , I am using a bit higher dpi/sensitivity than most cs go players ( 880 dpi , 1.85 sens in game) .

Therefore this mousepad has too high friction and especially static friction for me. The mouse I am using is Logitech's G402.

While I was searching, the Corsair series mm200 and mm300 got my attention . yet I am not sure at all whether it will suit my needs.
Even tho according to some videos and forums the mm200/300 is supposed to be faster than the qck+.

What would you recommend me buying regardless of the price ?

tl;dr looking for low friction cloth mousepad for cs go , mouse g402

·
Registered
68 Posts
i would recommend looking at the zowie g-sr if you're looking for a new mousepad. it has a stable rubber base and is faster than a qck in my experience. if you're looking for a cheaper option or an alternative you could also look for different mousefeet to change the friction of your mouse.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I have the Razer Goliathus Speed Edition, and all I can say about it is that it works really well. It has a very small weave making it very smooth, and at 3 mm tall, it's pretty close to flush with the table. I've had mine for about 3 months now and have noticed no change in performance. Definitely improved my game! https://osu.ppy.sh/u/5533377

Also, I got the Large size, but unless you like really big mousepads, the Medium is plenty. The Large is the same size as the side of my Mid ATX tower.
redface.gif

This picture should give you an idea.

·
Mouse lover
2,881 Posts
I used a goliathus speed for several months a while ago and it was good initially, but eventually it wears and becomes very sluggish/slow

QCK heavy is the only ball player who I can use excess 1 year and not feel like it's no longer usable, obviously these things deteriorate and should be replaced but if you're looking for long life span I haven't seen anything beat the qck heavy to date

·
Registered
519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncck View Post

I used a goliathus speed for several months a while ago and it was good initially, but eventually it wears and becomes very sluggish/slow
Try cleaning it once in 1-2 months. Speed Alpha v2 (tilted green logo in the corner) is kicking strong after almost 3 years.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Take just a little laundry powder, dissolve it in the sink.. get the pad nice and wet, Take an old toothbrush, or a new one, doesn't matter, and \\lightly \\ brush the entire surface.. Front and back ..

·
OCN is bad civilization
3,576 Posts
Toothbrush is kinda weird choice. Buy a cheapo brush for cloth and use it. I've been washing my pads with one for years now.

·
Registered
164 Posts
zowie gsr, zowie g-tfx, artisan raiden, razer goliathus.

Using the g-tfx atm and i really like it. Almost as fast as hardpad

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melan View Post

Toothbrush is kinda weird choice. Buy a cheapo brush for cloth and use it. I've been washing my pads with one for years now.
well it's something you'd already have and don't need to buy another one of.. and it works just as well and the detergent kills all the "germs" if that's what you're worried about.

·
OCN is bad civilization
3,576 Posts
Problem is that toothbrush is too small for this. A 2$ brush will be way more effective. And it's also something you should have at home.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Last time I wanted to clean my mousepad, I just did what it said on the website and applied some warm water to a rag and wiped the surface lightly. The fabric sure does stay wet for a long time, though...

·
Registered
71 Posts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEXfLdYH42w

Works like a charm.
smile.gif

I used sponge dedicated to dish washing and Yves Rocher (Ambre Noir
biggrin.gif
) shower gel.
My HyperX Fury mousepad, which was almost year old has surface clean and smooth as new. And it smelled nice (but only for a day or so).
biggrin.gif

I suggest doing it before going to sleep, as it takes time for the mousepad to dry.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you guys very much , I dont think I can get the G sr where i live , but ill probably look into all the others mousepads that you mentioned!

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by haefen View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEXfLdYH42w

Works like a charm.
smile.gif

I used sponge dedicated to dish washing and Yves Rocher (Ambre Noir
biggrin.gif
) shower gel.
My HyperX Fury mousepad, which was almost year old has surface clean and smooth as new. And it smelled nice (but only for a day or so).
biggrin.gif

I suggest doing it before going to sleep, as it takes time for the mousepad to dry.
I've heard of someone doing this before and their mousepad had wrinkled up as it dried and was unusable. I think it was one from SteelSeries. You're sure that won't happen? Kinda wanna try this..

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm pretty sure that Zeus' is QcK+ navi edition.
I left it to dry lying flat on drying rack and first I squeezed it with between towel layers.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalar View Post

I've heard of someone doing this before and their mousepad had wrinkled up as it dried and was unusable. I think it was one form SteelSeries. You're sure that won't happen? Kinda wanna try this..
I've done it to both my qck+ and my heavy. Both were just fine.

I put my qck+ in my dishwasher once because I was lazy... don't do that. It got warped to ****.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts