Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Atm I am using the razer goliath it is a nice mouse pad just that I noticed over time it starts to lose its smoothness. Some areas of the mouse pad now cause friction because i guess the material got rubbed off. So is there a cloth mouse pad similar to the goliath that doesn't degrade over time or do I gotta keep buying a new 1 every 6 months?

·
Just another nerd
5,938 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,171 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ntherblast
View Post

Atm I am using the razer goliath it is a nice mouse pad just that I noticed over time it starts to lose its smoothness. Some areas of the mouse pad now cause friction because i guess the material got rubbed off. So is there a cloth mouse pad similar to the goliath that doesn't degrade over time or do I gotta keep buying a new 1 every 6 months?

Maybe the steelseries QcK?

·
Registered
162 Posts
PureTrak Talent

Best cloth mousepad you can get at the moment.

·
Gone
8,731 Posts
Both the Qck and Talent will wear out within half a year if you're and avid gamer.

My Vote is for the Artisan kai.G3, but it's quite expensive and may feel a little weird coming from a moderate friction cloth pad.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMO1.1a;13110723
PureTrak Talent

Best cloth mousepad you can get at the moment.
Is this cloth based pad good with laser?

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
If you lightly use your fingernail on it, does it leave a white/ light brown streak? If so, then the issue is it's clogged up with dead skin and dust and crap.

Before you buy a new pad, give it a wash with soap and water. Regular dish soap is fine, then rinse it off and let it dry for a day or so. If it still feels like crap, then get a new one.

·
Gone
8,731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlZ;13111512
Good will depend on personal habits and how fast you swipe your mouse.

I'm personally able to make the ADNS-9500 track irregularly and loose perfect control much earlier than it should with this pad, but it can differ from person to person since not everybody uses the same settings or CM/Inches/360.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlZ;13111512
I've used it with my Xai for a few months and it worked flawlessly.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntherblast;13110488
Depending on how hard you game for on a daily/weekly/monthly basis, you can assure to get at least 12 months of unchanged surface use out of our Talent/Stealth series cloth mouse pads. If you start feeling changes in the surface, this is most likely due to the build up of dust/sweat which naturally occurs on any cloth-based mouse pad. Unlike most pads though, you can return our products back to "like new" feeling by simply washing them using the following instructions: http://pure-voice.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=707

We have many, many clients who game 3-5 hours per day and still use their original Talent pad from nearly 2 years ago.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylit;13111498
Both the Qck and Talent will wear out within half a year if you're and avid gamer.

My Vote is for the Artisan kai.G3, but it's quite expensive and may feel a little weird coming from a moderate friction cloth pad.
I guess it is inevitable that i will have to keep replacing my cloth pads:S
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureNick;13116019
Depending on how hard you game for on a daily/weekly/monthly basis, you can assure to get at least 12 months of unchanged surface use out of our Talent/Stealth series cloth mouse pads. If you start feeling changes in the surface, this is most likely due to the build up of dust/sweat which naturally occurs on any cloth-based mouse pad. Unlike most pads though, you can return our products back to "like new" feeling by simply washing them using the following instructions: http://pure-voice.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=707

We have many, many clients who game 3-5 hours per day and still use their original Talent pad from nearly 2 years ago.
I will look into this product. Do these mouse pads only come in 1 size because it is like the size of a doormat....

·
Registered
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntherblast;13117316
I guess it is inevitable that i will have to keep replacing my cloth pads:S

I will look into this product. Do these mouse pads only come in 1 size because it is like the size of a doormat....
We have a smaller model available which is called the Stealth. This utilizes the same super soft surface material as the Talent but in a 15x10" size.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.