Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I need to have some sort of online backup or cloud storage up to 10TB, i was considering hubiC or Crashplan that are quite cheap and looks good.
Can anyone please give me some advice? I'm leaning towards Crashplan which looks really good and I already have 1TB storage on GDrive that is enough for me now.
There are any other similar services?

Regards

·
Premium Member
18,591 Posts
I've been using CrashPlan Pro at work and due to that, I purchased CrashPlan Home for my personal PC.

It's easy to configure, quick and seemingly not resource intensive. There is no data limit, so you can upload what you want and it's easy "re-validate" backups should you need to change PC or hard disk (I changed a hard disk once already).

The weekly/monthly reports are also very useful to ensure everything is working correctly. I also have my software configured to email me if my PC hasn't run a backup in more than 2 days, either indicating i'm on holiday or the backup service has failed.

• Rep+
Reactions: Heimdallr

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm currently using the free HubiC plan for testing purpose, with the idea of mirroring some on my NAS folders (3rd layer backup, the remote one). I went the HubiC route rather than the Crashplan route because HubiC's servers are in France while Crashplan's are in the USA, and for you being in Italy it may be a good idea to reduce the very long upload process. Another big player is Backblaze, in the USA too.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both for the insight, I didn't consider the server location (I know, however, that crashplan is very slow for a lot of people).
I'll give hubic a try as I will not need more than 10TB anytime soon.

·
Senioritis Member
8,360 Posts
Carbonite.com is another good one. It's faster than Crashplan.

·
Premium Member
18,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimdallr View Post

Thank you both for the insight, I didn't consider the server location (I know, however, that crashplan is very slow for a lot of people).
I'll give hubic a try as I will not need more than 10TB anytime soon.
Yeah, crashplan upload is slow. But im only storing 89gb,so not much .

·
Registered
925 Posts
I have been looking at IDrive. It's like all the others, but as long as you stay under your data cap, you can back up as many computers and devices as you like.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts