Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took apart the tempest as I'm not working on moving my rig into a nice cozy roomy Coolermast 932 HAF. I noticed my tubing has a cloudy almost chalky residue inside the tubing. How ever, the original tubing that came with the kit (the switchtech 220 h20 kit) did not have this residue. What could this be? What is the best way to clean my system out?

·
Premium Member
6,995 Posts
I have had the same thing with different tubing. It seems that the better the tubing the longer it takes to discolor. As far as cleaning, I think Ira recommended a distilled/vinegar solution (mild, 10% or so) Flush that through a few times and then repeat with plain distilled and then use prefereed coolant. I usually replace my tubing whenever I do a break-down.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I came across this issue after a couple of months. I used cloth patches and a cleaning rod for gun bores. It works well, but you won't ever get the tubing back to the original state.

·
Registered
747 Posts
tubing is cheap, just replace it. However if you aren't overly concerned with looks then just leave it alone and save yourself the time. It isn't going to hurt anything.

·
HEC Club
13,595 Posts
All tubing will cloud sooner or later depending on the strength of it's chemical resistance when you use any colored add ins like petosin or uv dye. The only way to guarantee non cloudy tubing is to use straight distilled water with silver as a biocide.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The chalkyness can rub away and the toobing looks fine after, though im notgoing to waste the time trying to rub it out haha much easier to just replace.

Question:

Blue LED fans and cathodes, with clear tubing and green coolant. Will it look bad? or will the colours play nice?

::edit:: also, thanks for the cleaning tips. Two more days till my case is in my hands and the build begins!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.