Overclock.net banner
1 - 19 of 13320 Posts

· I dunno what I'm doing.
1,505 Posts
I don't think I've poked my head in this thread yet, so here I am!

I'm assuming an i5-4670k and GTX-780 inside an EVGA Hadron Air qualifies?

My GPU isn't overclocked at present (The 3DMark screenshot shows the last time I played with it), since the little 40mm PSU fan and reference cooler combine to make a bit of a racket at full bore. But the processor has been running at a modest 4.0GHz for a few months.

Full specs:

i5-4670k
PNY GTX-780
ASRock Z87-I
8GB, Crucial Ballistix
Plextor 128GB mSata (Boot/Skyrim drive)
WD 1TB (Everything else)
Noctua NH-C14 CPU cooler (This thing was a &%*$# to get in the case)
Yate-Loon Slim 120mm fan (The stock fan above the CPU wouldn't fit with the massive cooler. This one just BARELY squeaks by. We're talking a sticker's width)

1,505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8bitjunkie View Post

just want to share an update on my nintendo build. I just got the gpu fitted in this week!

might not be as beastly as most ,but I think it is pretty beastly for being in a nes case! ( 4 liter case )

build log here: http://www.overclock.net/t/1526008/buildlog-nes-3-0-htpc-nes-build

specs as of now

1985 nes case
gtx 750 TI LP
[email protected]
asrock -H97m-ITX/ac
cheapo 2.5" HDD 250gb(just a place holder)
pico 160XT
I'm honestly rather surprised at how well everything is fitting in the case. Excellent job! Now you have me looking at my broken Xbox (1st gen) with itchy fingers...

1,505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iFreilicht View Post

1. Build small, beastly rig
2. Post it here
3. ???
4. Profit
#4 is incorrect. You never profit... it's just an endless black hole that sucks your credit cards and paychecks remorselessly.

• Rep+
Reactions: FuzzDad

1,505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6mmruledlines View Post

(gonna boost to 4.8 once I'm certain nothing leaks - one of my 90 degree rotaries was leaking like potato)
TIL potatoes leak.
biggrin.gif

Nice build though, what case is that?

1,505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetfeather View Post

Option 1 is most baller
It's decided then: the only option allowed on OCN is option 1!
thumb.gif

1,505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aibohphobia View Post

@fleetfeather Not a custom loop but at least the CPU is water cooled now so I hope this helps unrustle your jimmies
wink.gif

Dat space utilization. I may need a moment.
biggrin.gif

1,505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainedHope View Post

One day i'll be in this thread... but for now here is the progress im having on my "Beastly" mATX rig.

CPU: I5-4690k
Mobo: Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5
RAM: Avexir 1600MHz 2x4GB White Led
HDD: WD Black 750gb 2.5'' HDD
SSD: 128GB Samsung 850 Pro
Case: Evga Hadron Hydro

To buy:
GPU: 2x R9-390's (Or 2x GTX 970's) <--Undecided
PSU: Silverstone SX600-G
Watercooling gear and Sleeving gear.
You don't have to have a fully working example to be a part of this thread, WIPs are more than welcome! Also, kudos on the case selection, its fun seeing people manage to cram an Micro-ATX board into a Hadron.

1,505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iFreilicht View Post

Thanks! Yeah the main problem will be finding someone to perforate my side panels for better airflow
biggrin.gif
Do it yourself!

I'd recommend birdshot with a wide-spread choke for maximum ventilation.
biggrin.gif

1,505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxpenguinxx View Post

I think it would look pretty good if you let the holes rust slightly and then clear coat them.
Rat rod case build!

Or you could grind the holes flat, clean up the edges, then re-paint. It'd have this cool random pattern and a sweet build log entry!

1,505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEC-777 View Post

I'm guessing you haven't added many mods to your skyrim yet...
wink.gif
That was my first though. My Skyrim averages about 45fps on my GTX-780 at this point.
biggrin.gif

1,505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Poindexter View Post

Holy parasitic loss, batman.
blinksmiley.gif

1,505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runamok81 View Post

Case is a Logic Supply MC600. Logic Supply does a lot of fanless industrial uSFF stuff. But they are clean simple purpose-driven designs. I saw a build on Reddit using it, and asked the OP about it. Didn't know it at the time, but OP was MC600 chassis engineer. Cool dude, said he could get me one to try my build in, and it all worked out. Much respect for them. Trying to convince them to branch into the enthusiast market. That's where the fun is, right?
Have any interior shots? Curious to see how everything fits together.

1,505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetfeather View Post

Negative of owning a VII Impact: you look like an overpaying fool if you don't use it to its full extent
Kinda like folks who buy 8-core processors and 32GB of ram to play CS:GO and League of Legends...

1,505 Posts

1,505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkyZ View Post

Finally feel worthy enough to post here. My little Lian-Li TU100b broke 10k on 3DMark Fire Strike. (http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/6014339?)
Awwww, you gotta be able to break 10k? Mine is sitting at 9.5k ._.

Actually, it's probably worse than that now... the 9.5k was with my old 16:9 monitor. 21:9 has a wee bit more pixels.

1,505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signaturisti View Post

You should definitely remove the rear exhaust fan as it's so close to cpu cooler it may cause turbulence and the bottom exhausts are enough anyway (cpu cooler is close enough to exhaust also)

E:
... or nvm if youre moving to 301
biggrin.gif
Also, wouldn't it be better to remove that exhaust fan and then turn the CPU cooler so it's moving air the same direction as the case fans?

1,505 Posts

1,505 Posts
Not really a small case, Fractal Nano S, nor the most powerful parts... but still relatively powerful for the size compared to ATX builds.

Case: Fractal Nano S
Mobo: ASRock Fatal1ty Z370
CPU: i7-8700k
Ram: 32GB 2400mhz DDR4
GPU: GTX-1070 FE
SSDs: 250gb Samsung 960, 960gb SanDisk Ultra II

Cooling parts are all EKWB parts, except for an Optimus V1 CPU block and some Bitspower fittings here and there.

1,505 Posts
Rebuilt my system, was getting tired of having to drain and remove the res/pump to plug in a SATA cable or do anything else.

Changes from the previous build: replaced the EKWB CoolStream SE240s with Nemesis 240 and 120 GTS rads front and back. Vardar 120S fans replaced with Noctua NF-A12x25. The EK Res has was swapped out for a SavantPCs 240mm res in the top radiator position (also lets me close the top for quieter operation). The D5 pump got a Protium top and cover.

Also delidded the 8700k and put in a 1080ti I nabbed for cheap when the RTX hype was at max.

On a related topic, any ideas for how to make a new side panel? The 120GTS is too chubby for the stock window to close fully, I have my bluetooth speaker holding it in place right now. If I could just offset it by about 2mm, that'd work too.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 13320 Posts