Overclock.net banner
13261 - 13280 of 13318 Posts

· Registered
795 Posts
To make your watercooling easier, I'd drop the pump down to the back side and add a reservoir where the pump is right now.

Also as someone that made this case:

SFX power supply cables might not be long enough for your 24 pin connector. My PSU was where you are planning, relative to the motherboard, and my 24 pin wasn't long enough. So you may want to have extensions or custom cables made.
Nice pic, but I want the Acrylic to be the reservoir and most of the tubing. Well that's the concept at least.

· Registered
205 Posts
Nice pic, but I want the Acrylic to be the reservoir and most of the tubing. Well that's the concept at least.
Thanks!

Ohhhhh so the panel is a distro plate? Then you really need the pump to be below it if it's to act as the reservoir. Bonus points if you CNC a pump top into that piece, then I guess the pump could be on top.

Definitely interested. Do you have a build log?

· Registered
795 Posts
Thanks!

Ohhhhh so the panel is a distro plate? Then you really need the pump to be below it if it's to act as the reservoir. Bonus points if you CNC a pump top into that piece, then I guess the pump could be on top.

Definitely interested. Do you have a build log?
I'll never be able to make this. No tools, no time, no place, and no cash. :p

· Registered
21 Posts
I assembled two "L" brackets which I screwed into the right side-panel. I used four #6 - 32 x 3 inch bolts (2 per bracket) with nuts and washers at all points of contact. Once attached to the panel, I mounted the PSU using strong double sided tape. This gives me about 2.5 inches of clearance behind the PSU to tuck away all the cables. The downside is that in order to remove that panel, now I have to remove the PSU cables first.

Attachments

· Registered
1,226 Posts
Lot of Beastly builds in here recently, but not exactly small. So here is my small case.

MI-6 by ccd (Case by Case Design)
Intel i7 8700K delidded
Gigabyte Z370N itx
16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 MHz
Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. B with Prolimatech 140mm Vortex fan
IDCooling 92mm slim fan
MSI GTX 1070 Aero itx
120GB MyDigitalSSD M.2 NVMe
960GB Crucial M500 2.5 SSD
2TB Seagate BarraCuda 2.5 HDD
Corsair SF600

Attachments

· Registered
795 Posts
Nice pics gang :D

By the way if anyone thinks they can make any of the plans I post, you are welcome the plans.

· Registered
47 Posts
Hi Guys!

Just a bunch of images from my mod based on a Lian Li Q07.
As you can see I place a fan that suck fresh air intake from the bottom, and on the top of the case I placed a Corsair H55, to maximaze the natural flowing of the air like in a chimney.
Except for the VGA (a Gainward GTX 1070) the rest of the hardware it's not a high end hardware , but it's works well for me:

Motherboard: asrock h81 mini itx
CPU; intel 1275l V3 (a 45w cpu)
Ram: 16gb corsair ddr3
Storage: crucial BX300 480gb
VGA: Gainward gtx 1070
PSU: FSP 500w Flex atx
FAN: 1 noctua 120mm NF F-12 PWM for the H55 and 1 Silverstone 180mm super slim PWM.

Each fans run @ 500rpm and the pump of the H55 @ 7v; in idle the cpu is around 30°-33°, and the vga 32°; in full load the cpu reach 55° max and the vga 75° (with the fans @ 70%).....so I'm quite satisfied with the performances and the silent of this build

Attachments

13261 - 13280 of 13318 Posts