Overclock.net banner
13281 - 13300 of 13318 Posts

· Registered
121 Posts
upped some mod on the dying h70 for extra years of service...

Attachments

· I dunno what I'm doing.
1,505 Posts
Not really a small case, Fractal Nano S, nor the most powerful parts... but still relatively powerful for the size compared to ATX builds.

Case: Fractal Nano S
Mobo: ASRock Fatal1ty Z370
CPU: i7-8700k
Ram: 32GB 2400mhz DDR4
GPU: GTX-1070 FE
SSDs: 250gb Samsung 960, 960gb SanDisk Ultra II

Cooling parts are all EKWB parts, except for an Optimus V1 CPU block and some Bitspower fittings here and there.

· Dangerous
309 Posts
This isn't particularly small or pretty, but it's fast and quiet and that's what I care about.

Thermaltake V21 - 200mm Noctua intake, 140mm Noctua exhaust
7700k @ 4.8Ghz (1.31v) Noctua DH-15s + 2x 140mm fans
1080 Ti @ 1885Mhz - Arctic Accelero Xtreme III + Noctua NF A-12 fans (1350rpm)
16GB @ 3733Mhz
Seasonic 600W Titanium PSU (fanless)

This system is nearly inaudible when idle and is able to run with the fans at 50-60% in most situations but the fans will go to 100% if the CPU hits 75C

The Arctic cooler is great, but I found that after less than a year, the fans produced unacceptably audible bearing noise. I pulled the shroud off and used a pair of the new Noctua Sterrox fans - they are super quiet and push a lot of air. Under load, the card never goes above the low 60s

Attachments

· habitual tinkerer
37 Posts
Heres a few of mine from over the few years. Went back to ATX for like 2 months and had to get rid of it. Larger iTx/mATX is where my heart is these days.

Attachments

1,505 Posts
Rebuilt my system, was getting tired of having to drain and remove the res/pump to plug in a SATA cable or do anything else.

Changes from the previous build: replaced the EKWB CoolStream SE240s with Nemesis 240 and 120 GTS rads front and back. Vardar 120S fans replaced with Noctua NF-A12x25. The EK Res has was swapped out for a SavantPCs 240mm res in the top radiator position (also lets me close the top for quieter operation). The D5 pump got a Protium top and cover.

Also delidded the 8700k and put in a 1080ti I nabbed for cheap when the RTX hype was at max.

On a related topic, any ideas for how to make a new side panel? The 120GTS is too chubby for the stock window to close fully, I have my bluetooth speaker holding it in place right now. If I could just offset it by about 2mm, that'd work too.

Attachments

· Registered
5,446 Posts
You could heat that spot with a torch and let gravity make a little bubble right there...well assuming it's acrylic

1,505 Posts
You could heat that spot with a torch and let gravity make a little bubble right there...well assuming it's acrylic
The picture was taken with the panel off. Where the frame meets the plexiglass window, that's what hits the radiator. I think my solution might be to get a sheet of acrylic and make my own all-window side panel that sits out further.

· PC Enthusiast
1,068 Posts
Does an Ncase M1 with an external 9x120mm rad box still count as small form factor? The rad box will be sitting behind the monitor =P

Also for AM4 the MSI B450I Gaming Plus AC is a great board, I just got one. Proper 6+2 phase vrm with offset voltage and 60A powerstages, good voltage control with normal mode clock changes and PBO working while static voltage is used.

· :)
544 Posts
Does mine count? Kind of cheating with a Meshify C Mini Lol

Attachments

· Premium Member
6,845 Posts
Does mine count? Kind of cheating with a Meshify C Mini Lol
Definitely a beautiful build. very clean.

I have lieterally half of your system. ryzen 2700 and single Vega64. No loop yet.

Attachments

· Premium Member
6,845 Posts
Those are some wide pull fans you've got on there, 38mm? And are those the stock ones in push?
They are indeed the stock SP120L(?) that come with the H100.

The reason I have the 38mm thick fans is more to prove I have space for a thick rad when I get my loop built. Ill be using only the Yates up front and the Delta AFB1212SHE on the back.

The Delta will end up as a pull from the outside of the case. I want to put a 60-86mm thick rad back there. I just like em thick for the full feeling.

On that note, any ideas on a reservoir that can mount off that rad location horizontally?

· ITX Fanatic
456 Posts
Not exactly "Beast" by today's standard and not even that SFF (28L)
but it's something
Meat:
4790k @ 4.5Ghz with IDCooling Auraflow + Deepcool sp fan
2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133mhz
Maximus VI Gene
1080ti TRIO X
All inside the Tecware Nexus M case

Attachments

· Vault Dweller
42 Posts
This is ATX but small enough to count as SFF :thumb:

13281 - 13300 of 13318 Posts