Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if your 1 of the few who actually bought this beast WELCOME!

Current Q9400 OC Specs CPUZ VALIDATION LINKS ONLY (Timings on request)

Q9450 welcome as well!!!!!

Top 10 personal story that would make someone say wow.
(why not, loosen up the forum chit chat a bit)

I'll Start:

Specs:
Q9400

Story:
About 12 years ago a buddy and myself were driving north bound on one of our local freeways very early in the morning. It was roughly 4:30am PSt and both of us were still quite asleep. mind you I was 17 and he was 18 years of age. so the story continues as follows. We are heading north bound on the 4 lane +75Mph free when in the distance I noticed a set of headlights. Still having the morning crust in my eyes i didn't think anything of it. Turned up the radio a tad, due to my left frontal lob wanting to go back asleep, and to my dismay I see a set of headlights no more than 100 yds off my radiator. I was in complete disbelief. With a deafening bellow,(urine just about to make itself present), "Were going to f'ng die!!!!" I stopped (matrix style) and put the whole situation in order. (j/k) Urine a flowing, spit flying, hails of "mommy", radiating the cab of my truck, it was over. the vehicle that was on the wrong side of the freeway going 80+mph had spared us our lives. My buddy and i looked and one another and both said "no one will ever believe that shiat!" We continued on to our volleyball tournament both still dumbfounded about the mornings experience. This next day unfolds with a chilling phone call from my best friend who was in the truck with me. He continues to states, reading for the San Diego Tribune "Southbound wrong way driver kills a family of 5" Ends up that no more than a half a mile after that drunk driver passed us heading the wrong way he collided with the family killing them all. Mind you, the DD was ejected from his vehicle and walked away with no injuries what so ever.

So with that being said, that was the closest moment that i can remember being a millisecond from seeing the "white light".

·
Registered
668 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by fishpro619 View Post
so few and fair between. thanks prong!
that story is nuts. I was driving a 07 pontiac g6 gt. Topped first, second, shifted into 3rd not on the gas rolling. Approaching a turn with a high inside corner, I downshift and motor brake it like usual, and I was going 75-decelerating into the turn, the understeering of the car slid in BAD, and mixed with the high corner.....Once my back end went over that corner it pushed the front wheels into the road and gripped with my over correction- instantly spinning....I looked out the passenger window and saw trees, clipped a sign at the fender prob at like 65 flipped it and caught air sideways. I rolled it twice in the air, I had my arms across my chest and I was screaming the f word like I have never screamed it before, and I open my eyes and look down at the ground rolling by my windshield and I was going nuts in the head. Mind you this all happened in like 3 seconds. I landed on the side and rolled once more ending upside down 3 feet from trees......I was perfectly fine, except for glass on my face(no cuts) and sand in my mouth.

I un-buckled and fell to the roof. lol. the next thing I know I hear someone running by the car into the woods screaming find the driver. That still to this day makes my throat knot up and I get swelled up....I finally got out and walked away.........Big smack in the face for me personally.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
damn bro, glad your here to share the story still. i still count my blessings daily. Such a reality check when it involves yourself. hearing it second hand still doesn't give it justice unless you were in the passenger seat. Thanks for sharing my man!!!!!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by fishpro619 View Post
damn bro, glad your here to share the story still. i still count my blessings daily. Such a reality check when it involves yourself. hearing it second hand still doesn't give it justice unless you were in the passenger seat. Thanks for sharing my man!!!!!
lol np same to you....one question how come you don't just post in the 9450 club...?

·
Banned
4,703 Posts
Can't seem to get mine at 4ghz at all. I think it's my motherboard, though. I can POST, just not boot
I know it's not going to boot, though, because my memory settings revert back to 667mhz where they should be 1066mhz.

but, heh, I'm running at 2.66ghz 1,33v. Far too high. Think this is a bummed chip.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by shadowk View Post
hmmm that a small club lol
anyway count me in

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=566718
i dont know why CPU-Z dont like me

Small Club indeed..........guess we need to expand so we can start taking over the world!!! Muahahah!!
lol Very Nice overclock by the way, i think this helps me make up my mind on which board to upgrade to
Oh ya and count me in as well.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kryten View Post
Can't seem to get mine at 4ghz at all. I think it's my motherboard, though. I can POST, just not boot
I know it's not going to boot, though, because my memory settings revert back to 667mhz where they should be 1066mhz.

but, heh, I'm running at 2.66ghz 1,33v. Far too high. Think this is a bummed chip.
can u post all your voltages
for me to get stable at 4GHZ i neded 1.45 for VCORE | 1.44 for VTT | 1.32 MCH/NB and 1.2 for SB
2.1 for memory for 1000MHZ

once i finish few more tests ill publish this oc with pics and full list of voltage specs

·
Banned
4,703 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by shadowk
View Post

can u post all your voltages
for me to get stable at 4GHZ i neded 1.45 for VCORE | 1.44 for VTT | 1.32 MCH/NB and 1.2 for SB
2.1 for memory for 1000MHZ

once i finish few more tests ill publish this oc with pics and full list of voltage specs

I'll try those voltages later tonight, thanks!

Is 1.45v safe on 45nm?

·
Registered
377 Posts
my bro using E5200 at 1.5 for more then 5 month no problem
iv seen more then 1 persone use higher then 1.4 VCORE as long as temps r ok

in EX fourms i was told thaqt it ok to go up to 1.45V for safe 24/7 usage
but dont jump to my voltages right away do it slowly u might no need as much Voltage as i needed

from my oc i noticed that the vtt helps more for stabilty then Vcore
but dont for over 1.45 for the VTT

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kryten View Post
I'll try those voltages later tonight, thanks!

Is 1.45v safe on 45nm?
whats your VID? I know nvidia chipsets dont overclock as well as the P45 but I would think you could get to at least 450 FSB with that board for 24/7 use. I got to 4.0 with 1.3625 LLC enabled on my UD3P

·
Banned
4,703 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by redalert
View Post

whats your VID? I know nvidia chipsets dont overclock as well as the P45 but I would think you could get to at least 450 FSB with that board for 24/7 use. I got to 4.0 with 1.3625 LLC enabled on my UD3P

I just don't think this board is going to overclock my chip at all.

I had 1.45v on the CPU, 144 on the VTT, 1.54v on the PTT as well as throwing 1.5v-6v on the NB and I still couldn't get 3.5ghz stable.

I'd say avoid the Asus Striker II Formula like the plague =D

·
Premium Member
5,772 Posts
Its a small club but im in!
http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=568578

i dont know if this is actually gonna continue to be a club or if they merged with the Q9450 club! anyways i cant find the Q9450 club anywhere, so i was bored and made a spreadsheet of validated Q94**s

·
Registered
678 Posts
Just built a new rig, and got a 9400 for it. It seems to clock a lot easier than my q9300. Running on stock cooler, so all I did was clock it to 2.8 right now. I will take it beyond 3 when I upgrade. Probably will stop at a manageable 3.2. Anyways, you can add me to the exclusive club

I will show my build in the sig pretty soon.

·
lAptOp jUnKie
4,637 Posts
1 - 20 of 99 Posts