Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem. I installed the Cool master 212 hyper evo recently on a newly purchased 3570k, the temps weren't that great at all(I am attributing this to too much thermal paste. When I first install the aftermarket cool I had to force some of the screws down. I went to take it off and reapply thermal paste and 3 of the 4 bolts that the screws, screw into came out with the X bracket and I can't get the screws unscrewed from them. unfortunately I don't have any pliers, so they are stuck on there(And I applied a lot of pressure trying to get the spring screws untightened.

IDLE Temps with stock oc using 212 is around 30(Was 27 before I messed around with ocing)
ADIA64 Temps with stock oc using 212 is 59 highest

IDLE 4.2Ghz oc using 212 is around 50
Adia64 4.2Ghz Oc with 212 is around 70

IDLE 4.4Ghz Oc with 212 is around 56
Adia64 4.4 Ghz Oc with 211 is around 81
As you can see the temperatures were quite horrible and the voltage required to even get a small Oc was quite a bit. OC GenieII's autoclock features actually crashed the first attempts until I raised the voltage. Oc genieII won't even keep my manually OC, whenever it reboots it just shows stock clock speeds.

I guess I can attribute the high voltage requirement to a **** chip, but the temps are still pretty bad. *Note my CM 212 evo only has 1 fan.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoob View Post

Did you delid the CPU? And did you apply the paste properly?
No I haven't delidded it and I don't plan to, seeing as that would more than likely void the warranty(I know ocing does, but that is difficult to prove )Also I can't use my CM 212 at the moment because the bolts that the X bracket's screws go into is has the screws pretty tightly screwed into it and I can't get them off with my bare hands. When I went to take off my 212 evo the bolts actually came out with the bracket and the nuts fell off(I tightened them pretty well too).

Also another question. Is it okay to use a cardboard box as a Pc case until I get one? What is the chances of static build up? I have the mobo sitting on a piece of cardboard which rests on a wooded box(Has some screws showing hence the cardboard piece) and a cardboard box surrounding the mobo with 2 flaps up to regulate air. Note the only cardboard touching anything is under the mobo so the screws on the wooden box don't short the mobo.

·
Aint da way it used to be
2,837 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelapseespaleR View Post

No I haven't delidded it and I don't plan to, seeing as that would more than likely void the warranty(I know ocing does, but that is difficult to prove )Also I can't use my CM 212 at the moment because the bolts that the X bracket's screws go into is has the screws pretty tightly screwed into it and I can't get them off with my bare hands. When I went to take off my 212 evo the bolts actually came out with the bracket and the nuts fell off(I tightened them pretty well too).

Also another question. Is it okay to use a cardboard box as a Pc case until I get one? What is the chances of static build up? I have the mobo sitting on a piece of cardboard which rests on a wooded box(Has some screws showing hence the cardboard piece) and a cardboard box surrounding the mobo with 2 flaps up to regulate air. Note the only cardboard touching anything is under the mobo so the screws on the wooden box don't short the mobo.
Don't touch it. At least as little as possible. And don't move it or drag it or anything. Just set it where you need it and let it be until you can get it in a proper case and you should be just fine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post

Don't touch it. At least as little as possible. And don't move it or drag it or anything. Just set it where you need it and let it be until you can get it in a proper case and you should be just fine.
Ah okay, thanks. I had to revert back to intel stock cooler because I can't get these damned screws, unscrewed from the mounting bolts.(Reaching 37-38 degrees idle and 67 playing diablo 3 playing for hours and 74 with aida64 with stock cooler). Has anyone ever had that happen before where the they can't unscrew the screws from the mounting bolts for the 212 hyper evo?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts