Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
11,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
  • Rep+
Reactions: CyberDruid

·
Banned
Joined
·
11,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
Wow $112 USD. That is a hell of a lot money for bent and drilled sheet metal.
sure is!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,631 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by aksthem1
View Post

Wow $112 USD. That is a hell of a lot money for bent and drilled sheet metal.


But its engineered bent and drilled sheet metal
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,992 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by aksthem1
View Post

Wow $112 USD. That is a hell of a lot money for bent and drilled sheet metal.

HSPC tech stations range from $80-$130.
 

·
I like computers
Joined
·
7,546 Posts
What ever happened to a motherboard box on a desk?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,017 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by nathris
View Post

HSPC tech stations range from $80-$130.

Yeah, but at least those look like they put thought into them.
I thought of initially buying one of them when they first came out. Though being 14 with no income, $150 was a lot to pay.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,389 Posts
I would rather make my own for much, much less. This should be ~$50, not over $100!!! It does not even have mounts for the cards!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,992 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Aaron_Henderson
View Post

What ever happened to a motherboard box on a desk?

I'm currently running my sig rig on top of my motherboard case, and I'm actually debating whether or not I even want to stick it back in my CM690. My only concern is that my cat likes to rub his face on anything with an edge (eg. my video card)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,044 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by hackm0d
View Post

meh, though I've fallen in love with CyberDruid's wooden techstation.

But his stuff has HOURS of work put into it. Tough to compare a custom wood enclosure to some stamped sheet metal churned out by the hundreds.


I'll take something hand built any day!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
787 Posts
Talk about overpriced, That would probably be worth about $50AUD tops

Being Coolermaster I'd have expected them to price this cheap as hell because it is so cheap and easy to make, it'd be an awesome budget test bench! If they kept the price under control and sold it for no more than say $30 or $40 USD they would have sold a bunch of them, I know i'd go out and pick up one as soon as it was in store here if it was under $60AUD

If i was going to be spending a large amount on a test bench I'd rather buy a Dimastech table

For example the best bench I've ever seen, look at all those options and fan mounts etc
http://www.dimastech.it/scripts/sp.php?Id=137&lang=EN
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,469 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by nathris
View Post

I'm currently running my sig rig on top of my motherboard case, and I'm actually debating whether or not I even want to stick it back in my CM690. My only concern is that my cat likes to rub his face on anything with an edge (eg. my video card)

WOW. my cat does the exact same thing. Stupid thing rubs my foot if I stick it out. Sometimes when I have my headphones on she runs into the cable and catches it with her tail dragging my speaker almost off my desk. Then if I lock her out she scratches the damn door!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,194 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by citat3962
View Post

But his stuff has HOURS of work put into it. Tough to compare a custom wood enclosure to some stamped sheet metal churned out by the hundreds.


I'll take something hand built any day!

I agree. I might even order one right now, but the shipping is probably more than the whole enclosure...
 
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top