Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Well got my first mechanical board on Monday and what a great typing experiance it turned out to be over the old logitech it replaces , love the feel love the feedback from the keys ,also the build quality is amazing , But I am afraid this bad boy is going back to the shop 2 moz as are you kidding me the noise is just ridiculous .

Sorry Blues that click has to go , changing it for Brown version , shame as loved the typing feel ,but the racket it makes is too much
rolleyes.gif

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
Yeah, blues are quite loud. The browns are much quieter, their tactile click is barely audible. The downside is that if you liked the feel of the blues a lot you may not like the browns as much since not only is the tactile click quieter, but it also physically much less pronounced.

I personally prefer linear switches, so the browns are my favorite tactile switch since they feel almost linear. All personal preference there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After loving the Blue version I know what will happen when I get the Brown , I will say to myself should of kept the Blue felt loads better .

But need real world non crazy noise .
mad.gif

·
Premium Member
2,726 Posts
Yes, typing on blues almost makes me feel empowered (Typing on a friends QFR W/ blues now), but the noise makes that go away fast and it sort of becomes more of a novelty.

I can't wait til I get my Poker back.

·
Initializing...
23,796 Posts
Yeah I got fed up with the blues so I went with the cherry mx reds and they are much better.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I initially ordered a Corsair Vengeance K90 (MX Red) but I'm returning it for that Quickfire TK Blue. The Corsair cost $42 more, the fact it wasn't fully mechanical actually did start to annoy me, and the reds were much too light for me. I was making more typos than on my rubber dome Sidewinder X4. Unfortunately Amazon is making me wait 3-4 weeks until they ship it out
frown.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts