Overclock.net banner

21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by F u r u y á;14774012
@filco: Well, I really wanted that RealForce all-45g uniform but it has just evaporated from elitekeyboards! Plus, I'm still not prepared to spend $300+ in a keyboard
tongue.gif
(and I'm already waiting others to arrive so I got my hands full for the next months at least).
Was there actually a uni-45g topre on elitekeyboards?!?!

·
Registered
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by F u r u y á;14777874
From a quick view of that (comprehensive!) chinese review, I couldn't determine whether the scroll wheel is optical or not. I saw that it's "ALPS" so I suppose it is mechanical? The switches were indeed D2FC-F-7N, as Skar called.
Thats a mechanical rotary encoder (ALPS EC10E1220503), not optical, and probably the best out there. I spare you comments regarding the mechanical design of that wheel structure. lets just say it is a common design.

I know that everybody loves the omron switches, mainly due to the long lifecycle, crisp feeling and good sound - but the tolerance for OF and RF is huge and you can get lucky and unlucky with them.

the inside picture makes me assume that the mouse could just maybe jitter if you hold still and simply click. Somebody has a sample in hand and can verify that?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skar;14784892
the inside picture makes me assume that the mouse could just maybe jitter if you hold still and simply click. Somebody has a sample in hand and can verify that?
No it's still, no movement at all.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skar;14784686
well i got my topre all 45gr tenkeyless and black from keyboard company:
http://www.keyboardco.com/keyboard_details.asp?PRODUCT=863

Minimal distortion, logo not flush, and omg no caps lock LED
wink.gif

However type feeling is so great that i consider a second one for work -.-.
Did not figure out how to justify that expense tho
smile.gif
You have made me very happy.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm thinking about buying the Spawn, but I'm really not sure if the shape will work for me. I'm currently using an Abyssus with claw grip. I'm really torned, because as much as it is uncomfortable (sharp edge, glossy side) and flawed (jitter, high LOD, instability because of the ridiculously small mouse feet) my aim just became truly amazing with it (in high level competitive gaming). Picking up the mouse and repositioning it is a real treat compared to the DeathAdder.
I'm hoping that the Spawn can provide the same performance but without the disadvantages.
I'm posting a few pics about my grip in hope, that a Spawn user might used a small mice with this grip (on the right side) and can give some info, how well it works with the Spawn, or at least, how well it can be picked up, without that much support from the ring finger.

picture4np.jpg

picture3hx.jpg

picture2lb.jpg

picture1yxc.jpg

Thank you in advance!

P.s.: sorry for the large pics, I can edit them if needed.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Zwiebi - You should be fine. If you want i can make a pic of me holding the spawn and salmosa (same basic shape as abyssus)

·
Registered
595 Posts
It's easier to lift a mouse with two fingers on the right side and Abyssus is lighter than Spawn. Rubber grips help a bit though and it's still quite light.

·
Registered
112 Posts
2shellbonus: that would be awesome!
In my opinion, I hold the Abyssus the way I do, because if I straighten out my ring finger, than I can't move the mouse back and forward at all (and it's harder to pick up), but the Spawn is shorter, so I will get that ~2 cm movement I need vertically for fine adjustments. Also, without the support of the ring finger, I lose a huge amount of control (grip) with the Abyssus.
Also, I think I play weirdly, because I always reposition my mouse after a few cm even though I play(ed) with low sens (33 cm/360 now, but I used to play with 52 cm/360, no accel). With the high LOD this made my movement quite jerky. I guess the reason for this is that the tiny feet and the edgy bottom is annoying for low sens, as it is digging into the cloth mousepad quite often if you are not keeping the mouse absolutely flat.

·
Registered
696 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thank you for the pics! The Spawn looks weird but comfortable.
smile.gif

Just to be sure, I used advanced technology to recreate the Spawn, using the Abyssus and some classified material. After the Kinzuadder, I named it Abyspawn:

picture5dr.jpg

picture6y.jpg

So far, it feels comfortable (wideness and ring finger test), so I will just go and order a real Spawn now.
biggrin.gif

Thank you for the help!

·
Registered
696 Posts
It's maybe not as wide as you made it, but it is really really comfortable.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yes, at the widest point it is 8 cm, while CM listing it at 7.5. But they are also saying, it is 142 grams...
biggrin.gif

But this was just a test to check if the shape is acceptable. (Stupid return policies, I can only send it back, if it's broken, so if I buy it, I'm stucked with it, unless I can sell it to someone...)

But it feels nice, so I'm already ordering it.

·
Registered
696 Posts
While the Spawn maybe listed as 7.5 cm, the widest point where you hold it (between your thumb and pinkie) it's 6.9cm

·
Registered
600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwiebi;14818957
I'm thinking about buying the Spawn, but I'm really not sure if the shape will work for me. I'm currently using an Abyssus with claw grip. I'm really torned, because as much as it is uncomfortable (sharp edge, glossy side) and flawed (jitter, high LOD, instability because of the ridiculously small mouse feet) my aim just became truly amazing with it (in high level competitive gaming). Picking up the mouse and repositioning it is a real treat compared to the DeathAdder.
I'm hoping that the Spawn can provide the same performance but without the disadvantages.
The Spawn will have a drastically different feel to it than the Abyssus. In fact, it had a drastically different feel to any other mouse I have (EC2, Xai, G9x, Abyssus, Mico and DA all currently in my possession). I did not like it. My grip favors the thinner mice and it always has. I didn't give it much of a chance because the sensor is a piece of **** as well. All the mice I listed have acceptable to superb sensor quality, but the Spawn was just awful. Bad LoD with this firmware, low max control speed with that firmware, and the DPI increments on the sensor were ass as well. I just can't use a mouse at anything more than 500 DPI on the desktop anymore, and I don't like messing around with the Windows mouse sensitivity either.

The rubberized surface material was awesome, the scroll wheel tactility and rubberized material was probably the best I've ever felt on a mouse, and the feet were OK as well (though not great). Maybe if the sensor wasn't such garbage I would have given the shape more of a shot (and maybe even liked it in the long run) but the sensor was just too fail for me.

·
Registered
696 Posts
krameriffic

You need to give yourself time to get used to the shape. It does feel weird at first, yes, but after a while, you realize that it's sort of how you keep your hand naturally.

As for the sensor - 1800 dpi at any hz is good. Just drop the win sens a notch or two and you're good to go. Personally though, I dont hit the 2m/s mark of the 800 dpi and dont really notice any other faults mentioned or not on these forums.

• Rep+
Reactions: blueslobster

·
Premium Member
8,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2shellbonus;14822237
As for the sensor - 1800 dpi at any hz is good. Just drop the win sens a notch or two and you're good to go. Personally though, I dont hit the 2m/s mark of the 800 dpi and dont really notice any other faults mentioned or not on these forums.
This review shows 1.7m/s at 500hz and 1000hz, both of which are going to be used by the majority of gamers interested in buying this mouse. That speed is mediocre at best.

What if someone wants to use the spawn to its fullest which is what they paid for. 3500CPi @ 1000hz, enjoy your $5 dell optical perfect control speed of under 1m/s.

·
Registered
112 Posts
What are the actual flaws of the sensor, noticeable for me, with these stats:

With 52 cm / 360, I used to get close to 3 m/s, but since I switched to 33 cm / 360, I only hit 1.7-1.8 m/s while doing 180-s, or checking corners. With actual aiming and shooting only, my max speed is around 1.3-1.4 m/s.
I use 1800 dpi because my screen resolution is 1920x1200 (in game sens. 0.7).

With these stats it would be fine otherwise you can point out some other flaws.

P.s: with the DA, I used 500 Hz, and with the Abyssus 1000 Hz. Never tried 250 where the PCS goes up to 2.8 m/s, but I don't think it's that horrible.

21 - 40 of 79 Posts