Overclock.net banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Well, the lag difference between 250 Hz and 1000 Hz is only 3 ms (1 vs 4). Higher polling rate supposedly provides a smoother experience as one advantage. The other one is, that with some old mouse (like WMO) it helps to eliminate the problem with the 8 bit data link, thus raising the limit, where it hits negative acceleration.
With the Spawn, the case is the other way around. :)

I tried to test 250 Hz with my DA, but Razer failed as usual. Installed driver, and it is not recognising the mouse, so I'm stucked with 500 Hz, 1800 dpi...

BTW, let me ask one more question: did you noticed the instability with the Abyssus, and is the Spawn better (tiny mouse feet vs wide mouse with wide mouse feet)? My Abyssus feels quite waggly.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by F u r u y á
View Post

I'm not a hardcore FPS gamer thus I can't see why 250Hz is not a viable option. Is it just because of the 7ms additional lag? Would someone enlighten me?

For me:

It's not just that the mouse is limited to 250hz to obtain a satisfactory control speed, but that I'm limited to a dpi I can't use for many games. There are quite a few games I play that I can't actually use 1800 dpi with and achieve my desired sensitivity. In cs 1.6, for example, you can't go below a sensitivity of 1 in game. With my deathadder I typically play that game at 450 dpi, 1.1 sensitivity - With the limitations of the spawn I'm either forced to make adjustments with windows sensitivity, which I won't do because it's a hassle and affects other programs/mousefix, or play at a much higher sensitivity than I am used to. It's a horrible compromise.

The difference between 250 and 500hz isnt a lot at all, IMO, it's the combination you are forced to use to get a decent perfect control speed. The others won't work for me - which I proved myself when I was able to make the spawn spazz out at will, without much effort at all on my part.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
@Zwieb: sorry for my mistake. 250Hz is 4ms you're right. Yes, Spawn doesn't have those limitations and that's why I think that 125 and 250Hz are viable options. About feet: I didn't felt Abyssus feet to be waggly but I did applied some tape-skatez. Spawn glides much better as I stated in the review.

@Themanbeast: yeah, I know that (about the in-game sensitivity not supporting down-scaling, which was approached in the review). So my question is still unanswered and I still can't see why one wouldn't use 250Hz (just the 3ms additional lag doesn't justify!).

·
Registered
595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanbeast;14823414
There are quite a few games I play that I can't actually use 1800 dpi with and achieve my desired sensitivity. In cs 1.6, for example, you can't go below a sensitivity of 1 in game. With my deathadder I typically play that game at 450 dpi, 1.1 sensitivity - With the limitations of the spawn I'm either forced to make adjustments with windows sensitivity, which I won't do because it's a hassle and affects other programs/mousefix, or play at a much higher sensitivity than I am used to.
You are exaggerating. Sure 2-2.5 m/s is somewhat slow for low sens but some people still use WMO with even lower max speed. I personally play CS 1.6 at ~90 cm/360° for my taste switching Windows's speed before and after game isn't that troublesome or tiring. I usually use 1800 CPI 6/11 @ 125Hz, for CS it's 1800 CPI 3/11 @ 250Hz, fw 32. I'm quite sure for 30 or even 40 cm/360° Spawn will be fine.

·
Gone
8,730 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanbeast;14823414
For me:
In cs 1.6, for example, you can't go below a sensitivity of 1 in game
I actually never knew that lol. Seems to be a problem with the 1.6 client only as I'm able to lower my sensitivity below 1 in other goldsrc games.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glymbol;14826209
You are exaggerating. Sure 2-2.5 m/s is somewhat slow for low sens but some people still use WMO with even lower max speed. I personally play CS 1.6 at ~90 cm/360° for my taste switching Windows's speed before and after game isn't that troublesome or tiring. I usually use 1800 CPI 6/11 @ 125Hz, for CS it's 1800 CPI 3/11 @ 250Hz, fw 32. I'm quite sure for 30 or even 40 cm/360° Spawn will be fine.
I use QcK+ vertically so it's 40 cm wide. 40 cm for 360° is very good sens!

Before I actually used 45 cm for 180°...

·
Registered
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skar;14828889
thats called naos
wink.gif
BS, naos 3200 is only usefull at 800dpi, has ultra high LOD and angle snapping. 5000 uses the avago 9500 so it's a nono for a cloth pad lover. Plus, i didn't like the shape that much.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glymbol;14826209
I don't even consider 40 cm/360 to be a low sensitivity, to be honest. I play closer to 40 inches/360 (I'm around 2.5 full swipes on my talent in css, for example). And adjusting windows sensitivity affects the markC mousefix, so yes, it's a gigantic problem. 250hz on it's own is no problem, forcing me to use 1800 dpi because it's the only dpi setting than can attempt to keep up with me (it can't in a lot of instances, by the way
wink.gif
) is a dealbreaker.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanbeast;14837682
And adjusting windows sensitivity affects the markC mousefix, so yes, it's a gigantic problem.
In my opinion there's no need for a mousefix, at best it works same as -noforcemparms parameter (CS 1.6).

·
Registered
245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glymbol;14843391
In my opinion there's no need for a mousefix, at best it works same as -noforcemparms parameter (CS 1.6).
That would be a fantastic solution if it worked for every game. It doesn't.

·
Registered
595 Posts
It's true. On the other hand only some games have minimum sensitivity like CS 1.6. As long as you can lower sensitivity in game, 1600 CPI is not a problem and you may still use mousefix leaving Windows' speed at 6/11.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I shouldn't have to jump through hoops to set a desired sensitivity in those games, especially when there are several other mice on the market that don't have perfect control speed issues at lower dpi. It doesn't matter how you sugar coat it, having to play at 1800 dpi just to achieve a decent perfect control speed is a problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skar;14828889
thats called naos
wink.gif
Naos is huge, i owned it, i was thinking smth about 2cm or so bigger, just like g9x dimensions mentaining the same grip, sensor and being as light as possible. Who would ask for more?
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
560 Posts
On a positive note, I bought this mouse 2 weeks ago and all I can say is I have finally found the perfect mouse for me. I've been using it at 1800 dpi and 500hz polling and it has been fantastic. Well done CM, I can now stop wasting my money on mice and maybe sell some of the junk I have bough over the years.

I think CM should have accepted that the sensor was designed for 1800 dpi and marketed it as such rather then trying to get 800 dpi to work through tweaking and as a result disappointed and possibly mislead some buyers.

·
Registered
97 Posts
That would be nice if there weren't serious performance issues even with 1800 CPI. I like the shape a lot - it's the best shape I've ever used - but the performance on settings most people is really laughable for a gaming mouse (take a look at 3500 CPI / 500 or 1000 Hz).

·
Registered
112 Posts
Unfortunately, I have to agree with the negative comments. I picked one up yesterday, and I couldn't get it working properly. I tried with all DPI and polling rate setting with the 3 available firmware. 31 and 32 was unusable and with 30a it was still skipping horribly above 1 m/s.

I made a short video of it, where I used fw32. (Sent the mouse back, and attached the vid, so they wouldn't ask questions.)

[ame="[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QbmlqZm3q8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QbmlqZm3q8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QbmlqZm3q8[/ame[/URL]]

41 - 60 of 79 Posts