Overclock.net banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Why are you doing test on the worst firmware in terms of tracking? Fw 31 and 32 are an option for those demanding lower LOD.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krameriffic;14822016
The Spawn will have a drastically different feel to it than the Abyssus. In fact, it had a drastically different feel to any other mouse I have (EC2, Xai, G9x, Abyssus, Mico and DA all currently in my possession). I did not like it. My grip favors the thinner mice and it always has. I didn't give it much of a chance because the sensor is a piece of **** as well. All the mice I listed have acceptable to superb sensor quality, but the Spawn was just awful. Bad LoD with this firmware, low max control speed with that firmware, and the DPI increments on the sensor were ass as well. I just can't use a mouse at anything more than 500 DPI on the desktop anymore, and I don't like messing around with the Windows mouse sensitivity either.

The rubberized surface material was awesome, the scroll wheel tactility and rubberized material was probably the best I've ever felt on a mouse, and the feet were OK as well (though not great). Maybe if the sensor wasn't such garbage I would have given the shape more of a shot (and maybe even liked it in the long run) but the sensor was just too fail for me.
Your opinion, garbage. My opinion, pure awesomeness.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattavich;14908478
Your opinion, garbage. My opinion, pure awesomeness.
Things like bad LOD (with some firmware), low maximum control speed (with other firmware) and poorly configurable DPI settings are not opinion, they are fact. My dislike of the mouse's shape, on the other hand, was in fact pure opinion.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krameriffic;14912049
Things like bad LOD (with some firmware), low maximum control speed (with other firmware) and poorly configurable DPI settings are not opinion, they are fact. My dislike of the mouse's shape, on the other hand, was in fact pure opinion.
Depends what you compare it to. The mouse is also very precise and has low very low amounts of acceleration.

Pure awesome.

·
Registered
828 Posts
hm i am not a claw grip, so i assume thats the problem, but the sensor position is for somebody with palm grip too far in the back, at least for me thats the case.

just feels wrong.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have created a new thread on CM's support forum regarding the low perfect control speed of the Spawn (link here). Please support this effort in the hope that we can obtain an official statement from CM regarding this issue which bugs this otherwise perfectly shaped mouse, and if we're lucky maybe a firmware fix.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanbeast;14823414
In cs 1.6, for example, you can't go below a sensitivity of 1 in game.
If you go into the console and change your sensitivity using sensitivity "0.44087" you will be able to use a value below 1.

I just got the Spawn--I started playing with 800dpi/500hz 49.3cm/360 on a SS9HD and have not been disappointed. If you go into paint, you can see a difference between 800 and 1800dpi and this jitter, but its negligible; I didn't notice anything while playing.

Ill probably try 1800/1000 a bit more, but right now 800/500 feels like a winner.

Just wanted to say great review.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtzgr;15081692
If you go into the console and change your sensitivity using sensitivity "0.44087" you will be able to use a value below 1.
You can do that but sensitivity will be 1.0 still. There are m_yaw m_pitch values set at default 0.022. You can change m_yaw to get lower horizontal sensitivity but m_pitch is minimum 0.022, so you'll end with different X/Y speed.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
After testing out all the dpi and polling rate levels I can honestly say that the enotus mouse test is just as accurate as outerspace mouse logger

I got all the same results as f u r u y a with at most 0.08m/s difference

unled3oa.jpg

You just have to make sure you have the dpi set at exactly the same levels in the mouse as in the enotus mouse test

·
Registered
595 Posts
Outerspace mouse logger has "Enotus Mouse Log" in description, probably both use same code and are made by one person.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hiya,

Was wondering if someone please could inform me a bit about poll rates on the Spawn. Like, at 1800 dpi, why wouldn't you just use the highest poll rate available? What are the potential drawbacks of using 500 or 1000 hz?

Another question I have is whether the 3500 dpi setting is somehow inferior in terms of tracking to the 1800 setting?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by attah;15284201
Hiya,

Was wondering if someone please could inform me a bit about poll rates on the Spawn. Like, at 1800 dpi, why wouldn't you just use the highest poll rate available? What are the potential drawbacks of using 500 or 1000 hz?

Another question I have is whether the 3500 dpi setting is somehow inferior in terms of tracking to the 1800 setting?
The perfect control speed isn't as high at higher polling rates: you will experience acceleration at a lower swipe rate with the higher polling rates than you would at the lower polling rates. If you don't swipe that fast, then it won't be an issue.

·
Gone
8,730 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtzgr;15081692
The 1.6 client for whatever reason won't allow this. Other goldsrc and quake based engines do though.

61 - 79 of 79 Posts