Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
36,139 Posts
It's more or less the same as a Blade Master but louder and not as good for heatsink applications due ot the lower static pressure.
Should be fine for the application though.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tator Tot;14170857
It's more or less the same as a Blade Master but louder and not as good for heatsink applications due ot the lower static pressure.
Should be fine for the application though.
Less static pressure than a traditional blademaster? I don't understand how that is possible, the design is virtually identical is it not?

·
Premium Member
36,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggs2see;14172380
Less static pressure than a traditional blademaster? I don't understand how that is possible, the design is virtually identical is it not?
It's similar, but the blade dimensions are not the same.

XtraFlo's use a blade of a higher pitch and slimmer width to achieve more airflow at the same RPM but sacrificing static pressure.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tator Tot;14172680
It's similar, but the blade dimensions are not the same.

XtraFlo's use a blade of a higher pitch and slimmer width to achieve more airflow at the same RPM but sacrificing static pressure.
I see.. Thanks, learnt something new.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i got them on my Hyper 212+ in push pull and they do the job fine
biggrin.gif
they perform about the same as 2 blademasters... if not better... if i remember my temperatures correctly.... but yes they do push a hella alot of air!! theres a youtube video somewhere showing it blowing itself around the table :L

p.s. Xtraflo's cable is really really short... but comes with a nice long half sleeved 4pin splitter cable =]

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwwsam View Post

i got them on my Hyper 212+ in push pull and they do the job fine
biggrin.gif
they perform about the same as 2 blademasters... if not better... if i remember my temperatures correctly.... but yes they do push a hella alot of air!! theres a youtube video somewhere showing it blowing itself around the table :L
p.s. Xtraflo's cable is really really short... but comes with a nice long half sleeved 4pin splitter cable =]
I can add to that.
The cables are REALLY short, they are designed for CPU's that's why. They're a slight bit better then the stock cooler on the 212+. Going from one stock fan to two of these i've seen about 2-4c drop, keep in mind they are a bit louder then the stock fan. Shame really as i kinda damaged the cable on the stock one :/

They look pretty too!
tongue.gif

1 - 7 of 7 Posts