Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would it be posible to use my case reset sitch as a cmos reset switch since i dont use it anyway or would that not work it fits on there and its a 2 pin conection just dont want to break anythign trying it

·
Registered
43 Posts
What you need is a SPDT momentary switch... two of the pins in the default position will keep cmos pins1&2 in contact at all times for normal operation. After shutting the system down, toggle the switch in the opposite direction to short cmos pins2&3 to reset and release after 10seconds. Example parts and drawing...
LL

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Yeah thats what I had in my Soprano, but I had a dpdt which was all I could find and the reset wont work oh and that is a toggle switch not momentary

·
Registered
43 Posts
Momentary meaning that it has a spring loaded return from its original position when toggled in the opposite direction.

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
You can use the reset switch IF you only have a 2 pin jumper for cmos reset, if it is a 3 pin then you need a spdt so as to keep pins 1 and 2 connected for default
operation. You also could use a regular switch (non-momentary) you just have to turn it on for a second then off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts