Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:

Monday, 10 Jan 2011 | 5:12 PM ET

Advanced Micro Devices said Dirk Meyer has resigned as president, CEO and director and will be succeeded on an interim basis by CFO Thomas Seifert.

Meyer's resignation was announced after the market close. AMD stock [AMD 9.19 0.36 (+4.08%) ] fell in after-market trading. (Click here for latest quote).

"I think investors will be surprised by this," Craig Berger, an analyst at FBR Capital, told CNBC. "I think Dirk has done a fairly good job from what I can tell as an outsider."

Source

Right now, 1/10/2011?

·
Super Moderator
19,302 Posts
Can't say I saw that coming...

·
Premium Member
10,813 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by AMD SLI guru
View Post

right on the cusp of AMD launch bulldozer. wow... That is very very shocking.

I know. It makes one wonder, why is he resigning now, on the verge of the new cpu launch?

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I wonder if he knows something we don't?

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolio831
View Post

I wonder if he knows something we don't?

Oh he definitely knows more than any of us.

I really hope this doesn't mean anything about Bulldozer. It could just be stress from the corporate world. Meyer is an engineer and not a business guy.

·
New OCN got me like...
4,097 Posts
Um... now if I defend AMD will I look like a fanboy...?

·
Premium Member
8,764 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xtremerunnerars
View Post

ABANDON SHIP ABANDON SHIP ABANDON SHIP

I really hope not. I've been an AMDer (read: poor) my whole life.

First we don't get a bulldozer tease at CES and now this.... It better just be a coincidence.

OT, OCN is VERY slow today.

·
Premium Member
4,807 Posts
Whoa... That is so sudden. He's been CEO for what, just a year or two? Plus, wasn't he part of the group that did the architecture for BD? I wonder what happened.

·
Super Moderator
19,302 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Derp
View Post

OT, OCN is VERY slow today.

Yeah, we know, there are like half a dozen threads about that.

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrDarkTempler
View Post

Breaking News: Bulldozer delayed until futher notice due to lack of stock and funds for the chip

No shut up shut up, na-na-na-na-na-na I can't hear you.

Quote:

"Dirk became CEO during difficult times. He successfully stabilized AMD while simultaneously concluding strategic initiatives," said Claflin. "However, the Board believes we have the opportunity to create increased shareholder value over time. This will require the company to have significant growth, establish market leadership and generate superior financial returns. We believe a change in leadership at this time will accelerate the company's ability to accomplish these objectives.

Do want.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by linkin93
View Post

Do want.

It sounds like he got fired for not making the company enough money.

I hope the next guy is not a raider that will fire everyone, slash R&D, get a huge bonus for lowering expenses and then quit the now-ruined shell of a once-great chipmaker.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Poor amd, its in a fight against nvidia and intel, with intel leading in revenue with an amount of $125 billion and nvidia as third with $1 billion.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts