Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
Amazon is expected tomorrow to roll out the ability for consumers to preorder digital game downloads for PC. Amazon's entry joins a crowded space that includes EA's Origin, Steam, direct2drive, Gamestop, and many other PC game download providers.
Quote:
What makes Amazon as the enticing destination for a consumer looking to score a hot game? It could be the pricing, which has always been the trump card of the company. An Amazon representative told CNET that "preorder pricing could be up to 30 percent off launch list price."
Source

Doesn't seem like a huge deal, I already thought you could preorder through amazon, but price competition is always nice. General competition with steam/origin wouldn't be bad either.

Edit:
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood You Save:$28.00 (70%)
http://www.amazon.com/Battlefield-3-Limited-Edition-Download/dp/B005Q47M56/]Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition You Save:$17.96 (30%)[/URL]

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
I preordered BF3 with release day delivery @ Amazon.com, if they do this, I really hope they can change my order to the digital one.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipwnnubletz;15256041
One post, and fully formatted post?
eek.gif
I could always edit the post if you'd like.
tongue.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackerITGuy;15256063
I preordered BF3 with release day delivery @ Amazon.com, if they do this, I really hope they can change my order to the digital one.
Yeah, I could see that being an issue.

I have always been a fan of having a physical copy of something, I like having the disc and box to keep. If it will be 30% cheaper on launch, I couldn't imagine buying anything besides the discounted download.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
If they retain their current pre-order policies [amazon credits, discounts on other games, etc] I would be thrilled to seem them start offering digital pre orders.

@OP welcome to OCN
Quote:
Originally Posted by anubis1127;15256207
Speaking of Amazon's digital download service, they have Assassin's Creed Brotherhood for PC or mac for $12 right now.

PC link
that is a fantastic deal, thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
[ame="[URL=http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325&tag=overclockdotnet-20&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2FBattlefield-3-Limited-Edition-Download%2Fdp%2FB005Q47M56%2Fref%3Ddsvrt_myd_asin_block%3Ft%3Dslicinc-20%26tag%3Dslicinc-20]http://www.amazon.com/Battlefield-3-Limited-Edition-Download/dp/B005Q47M56/ref=dsvrt_myd_asin_block?t=slicinc-20&tag=slicinc-20"]Amazon.com[/URL]: Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition [Download]: Video Games[/ame]

Looks like you can get bf3 for $42 on amazon.

·
Premium Member
7,731 Posts
Quote:
It won't matter. You will still have to register it with Origin and you will have it same day but will not have to download and can just install from the disc which will be much quicker. Once installed, add to steam as a non steam game and off you go!

Would be a different story if it was through Steam though as it would be tied to my account in once place and accessed from anywhere.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Those are some nice prices.

Hopefully Skyrim gets added to this soon.

·
Banned
5,698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipwnnubletz;15256041
One post, and fully formatted post?
eek.gif
You say that like it's hard to do. Most of the neanderthals that post news just have a tough time with keyboards. It isn't easy to type with a spiked club.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Segovax
View Post

You say that like it's hard to do. Most of the neanderthals that post news just have a tough time with keyboards. It isn't easy to type with a spiked club.

LOL, Yeah I see news posts all the time that are incorrectly formatted and are missing source brackets etc... its so annoying!

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBigBoss;15266161
Just pre-ordered Battlefield 3 through Amazon for only $42.
Does anyone know if this works for canadian customers or only american. I cannot find this deal on amazon.ca, but since this is a digital download would it really matter?

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyxyll;15265279
Hmm... is the Specact Kit really worth $20 for me?
For appearance? No.

Just makes you easier to spot.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
cool, I love amazon and I finally preordered BF3, thanks OP.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sausageson;15266422
Does anyone know if this works for canadian customers or only american. I cannot find this deal on amazon.ca, but since this is a digital download would it really matter?
Of course it wouldn't matter. Make up bull**** info if needed, pay with Paypal, and enjoy your $41.99 copy of BF3 pre-order when you input a state that doesn't pay tax. Yay?

Unless they need to match your billing info with the info on Paypal, but I thought the point of Paypal was to hide your information? It's worth a try, let us know if it works.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts