Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The annual E3 video game trade show is just weeks away, but game publisher Bethesda apparently couldn't wait that long to make at least one big announcement.

After teasing fans with a day-long Twtich stream of a TV showing a "Please Stand By" test pattern, the company has announced the latest entry in the Fallout universe: Fallout 76.
source

·
WaterCooler
3,819 Posts
Should preface that I am not able to watch the video at this time.

So does this mean another FO game before we get another TES game?

That's disappointing.

·
Premium Member
15,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
News Junkie
8,232 Posts
hmmm, still haven't finished last one, I think I fell asleep 60 hours in

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
What is this? Some cannon for Soldier 76 from overwatch?

·
Overclocker in training
13,987 Posts
Hi,
lol great a pokemon advert :p

·
H₂O Aficionado
3,882 Posts
A Fallout game set during "The Great War" and possibly 1 year before the day the nukes dropped (Oct 23, 2077) sounds like a great side story.

Very curious to see how this plays out.

·
To The Game
7,664 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
TEC Veteran
2,007 Posts
The pip boy says October 2102.
Good catch, I was more focused on the seemingly pre-war style of the vault complete with the poster that says 1776-2076, but now I realize that is when Vault 76 was completed/debuted.

Time frame is as important as location since it will have a bearing on gameplay as far as environment and types enemies encountered.

·
waifu for lifu
11,324 Posts
So all the scenes are in the fault. The vid also mentions 'rebuilding'. The background song is Take Me Home, Country Roads. Is Besthesda taking the series back to the original? I'm assuming this is the next fallout. I could be totally missing the mark. I'm sure some FO vets here know what is going on.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/5/30/17408754/fallout-76-what-is-vault-76

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I have a bad feeling about this - "rebuilding", year 2102.....rumors of "online".

1) Super Mutants didn't appear until 2103, from what I recall, as 2102 is the "birth" year of the "Master", and he's the one responsible for Super Mutants. No Super Mutants in Fallout is kinda sad.
2) For me, personally, crafting aspect in F4 was a throwaway gimmick and it flat out sucked. If they are building a whole game around crafting, this will likely be a hard pass for me.
3) We already have 100050000 crafty-survivy-games out there, and none of them is THAT good.
4) I hope it turns out that it's just a spin-off a-la New Vegas (my favorite non-classic Fallout game to date (Fallout 2 still trumps otherwise)).

·
Registered
714 Posts
4) I hope it turns out that it's just a spin-off a-la New Vegas (my favorite non-classic Fallout game to date (Fallout 2 still trumps otherwise)).
No chance in hell this will turn out to be that. Given Bethesda's track record so far, they don't have enough creativity in their entire studio to come up with the depth NV had.

·
Premium Member
15,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It seems to be that Fallout 76 is Rust in Fallout Universe.

·
Super Moderator
14,112 Posts
Fallout 76? What happened to Fallouts 5 to 75?

:upsidedwn

Rumours do say that this is going to be an MMO which if true, is unfortunate.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
LOL.. it's like.. the exact same thing. Fallout 4 modding was fun - until it broke the game completely. Not bothered with starting a new game so my character is left in limbo.

1 - 20 of 155 Posts