Overclock.net banner

[CNET] Gaming with Zune HD: Can it take on PSP, iPhone, DS?

2356 Views 40 Replies 25 Participants Last post by  sgdude
Quote:
While there's no shortage of handheld game systems on the market--the Nintendo DS and DSi are still selling well and the PSP continues to hang in there, while the App Store expands its catalog every minute--one of the seemingly no-brainer bets in the mobile gaming realm hasn't happened yet: the Zune.

We say "no brainer" for several reasons:

MORE
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
I totally agree with this. Even without a gamepad or speakers I would still agree with this. When I first played PGR on my zuneHD I was pleasantly surprised at how good it looked.
Quote:

Originally Posted by lithgroth007 View Post
I totally agree with this. Even without a gamepad or speakers I would still agree with this. When I first played PGR on my zuneHD I was pleasantly surprised at how good it looked.
As was I. The textures didn't look stretched at all, and the reflections off the cars were very good.

The framerate only dipped into the low 20's when I did a burnout and backed up into the smoke.
See less See more
The Zune HD is a very powerful piece of hand held machinery. They should be able to do a lot for games with it.
In my opinion this can be the best handheld game system!

Tegra is pretty powerfull
See less See more
  • Rep+
Reactions: 1
Tegra is beastly
JKBenchmarks your avatar makes me have an epileptic seizure every time I come into one of your threads, i just adblocked it lol
PGR is pretty awesome, I just can't wait for some more games/apps. I just have this feeling in the back of my mind that MS has some great ideas for the Zune HD's future with some sort or XBox Arcade integration.
We are still waiting for it in Europe. I would buy one if they released it!
It would need a bigger battery for sure; my Zune only plays about 2 hours of audiosurf before fizzling out.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thosesneakyfrench View Post
It would need a bigger battery for sure; my Zune only plays about 2 hours of audiosurf before fizzling out.
I get about 4-6 with low brightness.

I don't play it outdoors much, so I don't need it on high.
See less See more
I got my brother a zune for christmas, intersted to see how it works. Im not a huge fan of my itouch, had it less than a year and its already starting the random crash on me nonsense. Not cool.
A big part of the games is how much memory it has that can be accessed for the game it self.
The Zune HD just needs attention from developers like the iPod.
yea MS should really open up the zune software, they are holding zunes back so much by not doing i t
MS needs to get the SDK out nao! Much better app potential for the Zune!
Quote:

Originally Posted by DEC_42 View Post
MS needs to get the SDK out nao! Much better app potential for the Zune!
Ahem.

http://zhdapps.com/
See less See more
  • Rep+
Reactions: 1
I peeked in an amazon box that came to the house last week..... I'M GETTING A ZUNE HD FOR X-MAS!!! WHOO!!!

I can't wait to download audisurf and build my CmoyBB amp for it as well.
See less See more
Quote:

Originally Posted by the_milk_man View Post
I peeked in an amazon box that came to the house last week..... I'M GETTING A ZUNE HD FOR X-MAS!!! WHOO!!!

I can't wait to download audisurf and build my CmoyBB amp for it as well.
Zune HD Bros
See less See more
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.