Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Not new to Overclock.net
Joined
·
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:


Apple's iPhone 4S is just hitting store shelves today, but already Apple is making plans for future product launches, a new report claims.

Source
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,980 Posts
I think it is too early for these companies to release quad cores... It makes more sense for them to ride the dual core train a little bit longer (atleast 6-12 months), as dual cores have only just recently hit store shelves...
 

·
Dream with your eyes open
Joined
·
3,837 Posts
Dual cores are more popular in tabs, and it is getting dated, now they should try and clock the dual cores higher while getting better GPU's and more RAM in my opinion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
336 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by xxicrimsonixx
View Post

I think it is too early for these companies to release quad cores... It makes more sense for them to ride the dual core train a little bit longer (atleast 6-12 months), as dual cores have only just recently hit store shelves...

It's better early than late. If quad cores suggest efficient performance that doesn't compromise battery life (or does compromise but by a miniscule margin), then it's settled!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,430 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by xxicrimsonixx
View Post

I think it is too early for these companies to release quad cores... It makes more sense for them to ride the dual core train a little bit longer (atleast 6-12 months), as dual cores have only just recently hit store shelves...

This is good fir business in theory but bad for consumer imo
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
65,162 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by xxicrimsonixx
View Post

I think it is too early for these companies to release quad cores... It makes more sense for them to ride the dual core train a little bit longer (atleast 6-12 months), as dual cores have only just recently hit store shelves...

Tegra 3 Quad-Core tablets will be avaliable in a few weeks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,415 Posts
We upgrade hardware too fast. Theres no need for a Quad Core in a tablet. I'm running a Dual Core Athlon 5000+ and it works perfectly. My laptop runs on a Core 2 DUO and works perfectly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
173 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by M3T4LM4N222
View Post

We upgrade hardware too fast. Theres no need for a Quad Core in a tablet. I'm running a Dual Core Athlon 5000+ and it works perfectly. My laptop runs on a Core 2 DUO and works perfectly.

Yeah, and who needs more than 512 kb memory.


I say bring it on... Apps are getting more and more complicated every day and we can use the power (I hate stuttering/waiting for background stuff to load). Also, contrary to what one might think, a quad core CPU is more power efficient.
 

·
OCN
Joined
·
1,540 Posts
Sweet, Apple rumors again, its been a week without, finally something to fill the void.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
2012 will be a critical year for the iPad as it faces competition from Tegra 3 powered Android tablets, the Kindle Fire, and Windows 8 slates.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
uuuh, isn't this supposed to be the "overclock" forum?

dude, throw in the fastest beast you can on dat iPad3! Go all out!

what is with this technology advancing too fast mentality.

If it was something morally equivocal like human cloning I can understand (even then that's a whole 'nother issue), but we're talking about tablets.

Not to mention the potential of AR is just barely being tapped. I can't wait to see Iron Man HUD display realized in mass consumers' hands or to be able to harness the power of a PS3 or high-end comp within a tablet.

bring on quad, 8-cores, whatever! If anything homebrew will take care of the rest to make sure they get put to good use.
 

·
Skating Enthusiast
Joined
·
8,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sotorious;15306679
Dont they always release early of each year, well thats been the pattern so far
Yes, around about April.

>>>>>

This isn't going to happen. The iPad 3 is going to launch with the A6 and a retina display between April-June 2012 (there's no evidence of this but it's pretty much a solid bet right now). I'm going to speculate and say that the A6 will be an 800MHz-1.2GHz quad-core with 1GB of RAM and an SGX543MP4 for the iPad, and the same SGX543MP2 for the next iPhone.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top