Discussion Starter #1
Nothing really new, other then i am surprised its on CNN
Source

Quote:

Digital rights management meant to protect content, but consumers suffer

·
Registered
56 Posts
apparently this game has become harder to crack than the scene has thought. although its only been a couple days with as many scene groups out there working on it you'd expect something by now, guess ill keep waiting

·
Super Moderator
19,298 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by skitzogreg
View Post

Can the "sauce" crap stop? This is an open message to everyone who uses that term.

It's against the rules, too.

http://www.overclock.net/news-overcl...ting-news.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by admin
View Post

• Using slang in to describe the post or "Source" link is not permitted.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunky_Chimp
View Post

It's against the rules, too.

http://www.overclock.net/news-overcl...ting-news.html

[/LIST]

fixed ^^
Guessing Im spending too much time at 4chan again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by linkin93
View Post

If Ubisoft remove this DRM, i may consider buying their future games... if not, i shall torrent away.

I don't think thats the right good thing to do... I'm doing the same thing as I did for MW2. Not touching it.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Like MalXenos, I'm surprised it made it all the way to CNN. Usually the only game related stories I hear from them are about how they're destroying children, society and are the cause of everything wrong in this world.
Though it was an opinion piece from someone who works for CrunchGear, and not CNN's own staff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FTA

Meanwhile, on the other side of town, some no-good 12-year-old is illegally downloading the game from the Internet and playing it way past his bedtime

No fair! I'm 18, I download through the Internet - not from - and I don't have a bed time any more.

·
Premium Member
6,546 Posts
What did we say about discussing piracy? No.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Oh, never mind..

·
Registered
742 Posts
As i have found out today this game uses one CPU core and constantly crashes all the time. Its just about the worst PC port ever made. I would find that a more important thing to mention to customers than more ***** on DRM. Hey i think this does draw attention away from how bad the game actually is, but hey

·
Registered
380 Posts
Even though the opinion writer was absolutely right, the amount of bias was outstanding.

Quote:

Imagine putting a new Blu-ray disc into your player and having the movie play for five minutes and then returning to the title screen because the player decided it didn't like the color of your shirt. Would you tolerate that?

***?

Anyhow, yeah. Between the fact that this game is apparently a particularly sloppy PC port, AND has uniquely onerous DRM, the only possibility this game will ever have of gracing my computer would be via demonoid.

I find it rather interesting that one of the most profitable of all game companies, Blizzard, scarcely uses any DRM at all aside from CD keys. You can literally copy/paste perfectly usable, full installs of WC3 and WoW to and from your flash-drive. You can download perfectly legitimate copies of WoW, and its patches, through several torrent sites. In fact, Blizzard has been known to host their game patches on sites like Demonoid.

Interesting food for thought. In Ubisoft's case, they might have made a larger profit on the PC version of Assassin's Creed if they had dropped the DRM, aside from cd-keys, and devoted more resources toward making the game better.

·
Banned
10,584 Posts
CNN has the right idea I think. Restrictive DRM just causes more piracy, alienates the honest man, and sometimes causes attacks to be sent back up the pipeline.

Quote:

Originally Posted by skitzogreg View Post
Can the "sauce" crap stop? This is an open message to everyone who uses that term.

I'll make sure to put "Sauce" in bold when I post news articles, just for you.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Guys I have just one question pls....
Say in a few months I go an buy the game when it's half price or something...
And there is no crack..
Being online at all times, does it download things the whole time?
Or will like 20mb cap be enough to finish the game? I really don't wanna spend like money on bandwith just to play the game...
I don't have Internet so it will also cost me to get adsl installed and a router...
So I can use a wireless USB dongle if it doesn't download while i play...
So long story short, does it download while u play?
Thanks...

·
Premium Member
7,941 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ocfanboy View Post
Any one please?
Will say 20mb be enough to finish the game?
Thanks
All it does online is store your game saves online, as well as check if you are running a legit version of the game. It does not download anything, and 20mb is more than enough.

• Rep+
Reactions: ocfanboy

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quote:

Originally Posted by ocfanboy
View Post

Any one please?
Will say 20mb be enough to finish the game?
Thanks

I would think 20MB is enough but I'm not too sure on how big the save files are.

·
Premium Member
10,813 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by [Adz] View Post
No fair! I'm 18, I download through the Internet - not from - and I don't have a bed time any more.

Look, language is defined by usage. Many things that used to be considered improper 100 years ago is now considered proper by any English teacher you'd care to ask. People say "from the Internet" therefore it is correct, or at least not incorrect.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts