Originally Posted by UnAimed
View Post

I had to cry when I saw the vid. Poor cat

x2

·
Probably sleep deprived
5,585 Posts
We are all now officially SCREWED!
9 lives AND Bionic legs...prepare for the rule of the all powerful Overlord Mr. Cuddles.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
kudos to the people that helped that kitty!!!! they will easily walk into heaven gates with open arms!!!! that kitty looks happy as hell too!! (tears in my eyes)

·
Registered
590 Posts
Saw this the other day, still sniffling. My faith in humanity reader is actually positive today!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Hurray epic win for pussies everywhere!
That's so awesome--why can't we all care that much?

·
AMD Overclocker
9,178 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
That's great!! I couldn't help my huge grin watching the video because the cat seems more then happy and will be able to get around great!! For a second I thought the Dr. was going to start crying

·
Registered
928 Posts
Awesome, but in this video the bionic legs look a little to high. There's a second video that show him with some better looking streamlined legs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pillz Here View Post
Surgical high five!
Looks just like the regular high five to me.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Miked270
View Post

Video of the cat actually walking on them if you are curious like I was

YouTube- Pioneering vet gives cat new prosthetic feet

Now if only make feet that get rid of the "I have a stick up my butt" walk. This things are just high tech versions of peg legs. The only thing "special" here is that they were put on a cat which likely just hadn't been done before because nobody can justify the cost other than people who have their pet insured for over $6,000 in US currency.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by UnAimed View Post
I had to cry when I saw the vid. Poor cat
So it doesn't matter:
Cat lives - lol i don feed him wel - poor cat
Cat loses something and survives - poor cat
Cat loses something, survives AND gets it back - poor cat
Cat dies - poor cat

You say that because you're thinking it might be your cat, it might lose a part, then you wouldn't see your beautiful cat the same way, even if the cat regained the part lost - like in this story. The cat survives such events - you still can't accept the fact that it isn't the same as it was before. The cat dies. The cat doesn't feel any pain anymore, it might even go to heaven, you still think "poor cat." You think that because there won't be the friend that lived with you and the presence of whom you enjoyed, the cat you adored - anymore. You're lonely.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
On a side note I think that while this looks cute I wonder when the "uncanny valley" will come into effect with prosthetics? I mean if they looked like real legs it'd be a little scary!

Anyways, this is just amazing. I love stories like this!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts