1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
741 Posts
/facepalm.....Now do they actually know who they belong to? How on earth to you not know you have 200,000BTC in a wallet.......

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exidous View Post

/facepalm.....Now do they actually know who they belong to? How on earth to you not know you have 200,000BTC in a wallet.......
It sounds like BS to me. I personally think someone (Mark Karpeles) is started to crap their pants and is "finding" all this lost money.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xylene View Post

It sounds like BS to me. I personally think someone (Mark Karpeles) is started to crap their pants and is "finding" all this lost money.
You're probably right. Considering all the stories about how druglords are using BTC I'd imagine they (Mt Gox) will be having some VERY unsavory characters knocking on their doors.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydude025 View Post

I think you mean $120 million?
thumb.gif
Gah, my stupid eyes. It's still early and the calculator on my computer does not have commas. I kept staring at the screen when i did it and saying "how many 0's is that?" while squinting. Fixed.

·
Premium Member
18,219 Posts
well that should put the left over coins at 300k now but i bet people get none of it and gox finds a way to pocket it all.

·
Iconoclast
30,983 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exidous View Post

Now do they actually know who they belong to?
They do have records of balances, but 200k BTC only covers about a third of what they absconded with.

·
Iconoclast
30,983 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtobeking View Post

I wonder if this has anything to do with the Silk Road and the bitcoins they never found
It doesn't.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtobeking View Post

I wonder if this has anything to do with the Silk Road and the bitcoins they never found
I don't know about any "missing btc" due to silk road but I know the fbi seized a ton. The fbi is actually now the #1 holder of btc

·
Registered
826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwareDecoder View Post

I don't know about any "missing btc" due to silk road but I know the fbi seized a ton. The fbi is actually now the #1 holder of btc
WHAT the fbi has the most bitcoins, oh dear

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrClaw View Post

WHAT the fbi has the most bitcoins, oh dear
yeah they seized some ungodly amount from the guy who was running silk road. So likely the gov't will wait until bitcoin hits some record high and sell them all off and then declare btc illegal and funding terror
rolleyes.gif

·
Premium Member
3,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwareDecoder View Post

yeah they seized some ungodly amount from the guy who was running silk road. So likely the gov't will wait until bitcoin hits some record high and sell them all off and then declare btc illegal and funding terror
rolleyes.gif
Oh I never heard they actually got them. I thought they had found the wallets but couldnt access them. I was thinking more of a extra cache rather than what they seized though

1 - 20 of 22 Posts