Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mark Lamia Interview announcing 3D for Black Ops:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/3d...call-of/705647

I was thinking about upgrading my gfx card for CoD:BO, and even considered getting an LED monitor since I love my LED tv so much, but now I'm considering getting a new LCD, but with 120hz and 3D capable.

What are your opinions? Has anyone else out there seen 3D in action on the PC?

I'd need to get a new card, new monitor, the 3D kit (and I have Vista, but thought about doing the upgrade to Win7 if I do all of this), so this is quite an expensive decision to say the least lol! But mmm, zombies in 3D
!

·
Banned
332 Posts
I won't play it at all, I'm afraid of the huge disapointment MW2 did to me

I've seen 3D games like Dirt 2. Its alright but it gets old after the glasses get uncomfortable

·
Banned
332 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tempest001 View Post
Don't most LED monitors have 120hz anyway?
Yes. Just like you said, MOST do.

Some don't.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
I'll be purchasing Black Ops, but I wont play in 3D. Not only do I not have a monitor capable for it, but I think the whole 3D fad is dumb.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I might just go with my GTX470 upgrade and hold off on the other stuff right now. I currently have a 24" Samsung 24bw LCD monitor. I wonder if it would be worth the upgrade to an HDMI LED monitor or an LCD monitor with 120hz?

·
#SavedTheCrew
2,644 Posts
I refuse 3D anything. It's not impressive, it's more annoying, and I hope it doesn't become "the wave of the future" that everyone thinks it will.

I see it as a gimmick, nothing more.

·
Banned
10,584 Posts
No. 3D gaming is a gimmick that requires highly expensive video cards and monitors to do. I'm perfectly content with just the monitor I have. Also, if BO is anything like MW2, the rest of my rig will be more than ample to play it.

Not sure if I'll be spending 60 bucks on half a game, though. The SP better be holy freaking -beep- good, otherwise I'm waiting for it to go on sale.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Coming from someone that has seen 3D in action. Let me tell you it might be the worst thing ever for games. Not only does it lower the picture quality but you'll never find an MLG player use it.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by inthepastxx View Post
Coming from someone that has seen 3D in action. Let me tell you it might be the worst thing ever for games. Not only does it lower the picture quality but you'll never find an MLG player use it.
MLG...lol

·
Blue and Green Team!
10,736 Posts
I would take a higher res monitor such as a 27" for 2560 x 1440 over 3D any day.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by inthepastxx View Post
I AGREE!

·
Banned
4,844 Posts
Don't see what the big deal is lately with this 3d craze that seems to be happening. Seems ever since Avatar more and more movies are coming out in 3d to try and make more money and now video games are as well.

Don't see it would even help at all in multiplayer since it would probably be more of a hinderance having bullets flying out of the screen at you.

·
Registered
244 Posts
i will gladly try it in 3D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts