Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My game keeps crashing ALL THE TIME - I am rarely able to finish an online game without it crashing.

When it crashes, it goes to desktop and tells me its had an error (no #$%!).

I have no idea whats making it do this but when I upgraded the drivers for my video card it stopped blue screening (before it would crash all the time and blue screen) and started doing this all the time. I guess this is better than a bsod but I dont know if there is a log or anything to tell me what is making it do this.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name:APPCRASH
Application Name:iw4mp.exe
Application Version:0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp:4b16d124
Fault Module Name:iw4mp.exe
Fault Module Version:0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp:4b16d124
Exception Code:c0000005
Exception Offset:002b378a
OS Version:6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID:1033
Additional Information 1:0a9e
Additional Information 2:0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3:0a9e
Additional Information 4:0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Thats all I have to go on...

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Sounds like the MW2 files were installed over a bad sector on your hd. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling it? Also, this error has been associated with C-state, is that on?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whats C-state?

I get random blue screens in other games too but with mw2 it happens alot with the crashing exe file.

Also nothing is overclocked on my system & this same thing was happening with my 8800gts 640mb - my roommate let me use his newer 8800 gts with 512mb.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Since you use an Nvidia card, drop back to driver 186.18. I believe this may correct your problem!

Please try and post your results.

186.18. The latest driver that is not crashing games over the last 5 months.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well it didnt crash but I have been having tons of bsods with every game I own.

Should be getting a new motherboard and processor for Christmas & a fresh install of windows 7 might be needed.

Ram checks keep coming back negative - it only blue screens with modern warefare 2, borderlands, and supreme commander - it used to do it with eve online too but I dont play it anymore.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now I am getting some new error - I hear a "bing" in the background while the game is loading and it wont load the map so I hit escape and see a message box disappear.

You know what screw it, its getting uninstalled. I cant stand all the glitching and cheating anyways.

Thanks for the help anyways. =)

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alright I gave up on this thinking it was my cpu or perhaps my motherboard - I got a new mobo & processor. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it after taking a break from it to see if that was it. Its been running ok but today it crashed again. Im not getting blue screens, just crashing to desktop.

Could it be my ram? It seems to pass memtest's tests ok. Hard drive? I have tried different drivers and even tried my roommates video card (8800gts 512mb g90).

Other games seem to run fine. Not sure what to do about this...

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Running with care package is NOT NOT NOT glitching, when everyone is gonna learn they threw that in the game on purpose to protect yourself with a knife
Trust me, i saw forums where fourtwozero claims it's NOT a exploit. Only Players LIKE you claim it's a glitch and as for hacking i ain't worried, it won't be long before they update VAC and find users who use x-ray and hacks ingame. Give it time they will be banned. If you're sick of cheaters,just get even with a riot shield i even did that and i owned him
Leave the server if you could too and you still win!
I recommend you reformat or reinstall the game and make sure you get latest drivers or stick with old ones.. Good Luck!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by pcnuttie View Post
Running with care package is NOT NOT NOT glitching, when everyone is gonna learn they threw that in the game on purpose to protect yourself with a knife
Trust me, i saw forums where fourtwozero claims it's NOT a exploit. Only Players LIKE you claim it's a glitch and as for hacking i ain't worried
, it won't be long before they update VAC and find users who use x-ray and hacks ingame. Give it time they will be banned. If you're sick of cheaters,just get even with a riot shield i even did that and i owned him
Leave the server if you could too and you still win!
I recommend you reformat or reinstall the game and make sure you get latest drivers or stick with old ones.. Good Luck!
Ok I have no idea what you are talking about. I have had people see me through walls among other things. Anyways - I did reinstall the game. I dont see how a reformat would do anything, plus I have been using drivers that were recommended to me to use with two different video cards.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts