Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
B.O.W
26,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So - CoD3 raped CoD4, and CoD:WaW is the newborn baby which has AIDS.

Get the picture?
IMO - its horrible. They messed up again. Not only does the game look horrible, and sound horrible, its the SAME DAMN GAME!

I feel like Im shooting a toy gun, people die in 2 shots (you can be a noob just running around blind folded to kill someone), the commander's voice is annoying and just repeats himself over and over, and in essence - it's a CoD4 mod gone wrong IMO.

I'll post pics in a few

EDIT

http://lssclan.urldownload.com/omega...2-25-11-09.png

http://lssclan.urldownload.com/omega...2-25-14-66.png

http://lssclan.urldownload.com/omega...2-25-46-40.png

http://lssclan.urldownload.com/omega...2-25-48-44.png

http://lssclan.urldownload.com/omega...2-25-50-99.png

http://lssclan.urldownload.com/omega...2-27-51-13.png

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by OmegaNemesis28
View Post

So - CoD3 raped CoD4, and CoD:WaW is the newborn baby which has AIDS.

Get the picture?
IMO - its horrible. They messed up again. Not only does the game look horrible, and sound horrible, its the SAME DAMN GAME!

I feel like Im shooting a toy gun, people die in 2 shots (you can be a noob just running around blind folded to kill someone), the commander's voice is annoying and just repeats himself over and over, and in essence - it's a CoD4 mod gone wrong IMO.

I'll post pics in a few

What did you expect? If it's made by the SAME people who made COD3, figures it'll play the same or similar.

The COD that Infinity Ward makes next will be much better. Just how 4 was way better than 3.

·
Overclock? What?
3,240 Posts
I didn't like it at first but it's really growing on me. I like the maps and what do you expect from WWII technology. I had a good time playing.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I agree with the game not looking as good as CoD4 though the game is still in Beta the models definitely look unpolished.

On another note i kinda prefer the hardcore gameplay mode (Where the person dies in 1 shot from a bolt action rifle to the chest). Some of the guns are definitely in need of balancing (The machine guns are like automatic sniper rifles).

I really with they'd get rid of the martydom perk.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
From what I've played (Which is a LOT.) it's CoD4, but better gameplay wise in every way.

I love it.

What's with people saying the game looks bad. It looks the same as CoD4.

·
Registered
307 Posts
All I'm going to say, is that it is a BETA, and it is a 895mb game, and CoD4 is a 10GB game, and I think that some things we're cut, like sound, to make the file size smaller for more downloads.

·
Overclock? What?
3,240 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by LegendaryC
View Post

From what I've played (Which is a LOT.) it's CoD4, but better gameplay wise in every way.

I love it.

What's with people saying the game looks bad. It looks the same as CoD4.

Maybe they are not setting the textures on extra like you suggested in the news thread
. I thought the same thing until I followed your advice. At least I think it was you who suggested it.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I know its in beta, but it has crashed over and over again for me. it the same game as cod4 except boring weapons that Ive used in 20 games over 5 years.

·
B.O.W
26,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by AJLarson
View Post

All I'm going to say, is that it is a BETA, and it is a 895mb game, and CoD4 is a 10GB game, and I think that some things we're cut, like sound, to make the file size smaller for more downloads.

I doubt they decreased the sound quality of everything for the beta. XD

I mean - I loved CoD4 so much that the multiplayer on this isn't that bad but it feels like a reall faster moving, cheap knockoff mod of CoD4. It just doesn't feel right. Pics added.

I've held and shot a real Tommy Gun before. It does NOT sound like whatever they hell they decided to make the gun sound in the game.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Quote:

View Post

I doubt they decreased the sound quality of everything for the beta. XD

I mean - I loved CoD4 so much that the multiplayer on this isn't that bad but it feels like a reall faster moving, cheap knockoff mod of CoD4. It just doesn't feel right. Pics added

Picture don't look any worse then what CoD4 looks like.

And frankly, I believe that CoD WaW has been slowed down if anything. People seem to move the same speed, but the weaker weapons, and higher gravity seem to slow it down. (I'm comparing Normal mode CoD4, to Normal mode WaW here. I'd recommend normal mode for WaW.)

As for the sound thing, I haven't noticed it sounding bad, but I have terrible speakers, and just my on board sound. (I hope to get a decent pair of headphones in the future.) However, there is a "fix".

"The reason the sound is as bad as it is ...is due to a technology that was meant to be a breakthrough in game sound engineering: SOUND OCCLUSION."

"To cure some of this, I have gone into the in-game menu and cranked up the SFX level and turned down everything else. That has done wonders."

Source.

You can also see a number of things that will be changed in the final game here.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Well personally i don't think its half bad, but its not as good as COD4. I like customizing the guns, but i don't think their sight attachment (the time before red dots sight) is very good for the WWII feeling. I like the default gun sights a lot better than COD2's. I hate that they put tanks in COD. COD is about infantry combat solely. Always has been. If people want vehicles they can play Battlefield or something else. Infinity ward has said it before. Its about the Infantry.

·
Overclock? What?
3,240 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arganius
View Post

Well personally i don't think its half bad, but its not as good as COD4. I like customizing the guns, but i don't think their sight attachment (the time before red dots sight) is very good for the WWII feeling. I like the default gun sights a lot better than COD2's. I hate that they put tanks in COD. COD is about infantry combat solely. Always has been. If people want vehicles they can play Battlefield or something else. Infinity ward has said it before. Its about the Infantry.

Yeah, and if it weren't for infinity ward the COD series would be a big fail by now. I'm so glad they did COD4 and are doing the next installment after WAW.

·
Premium Member
8,616 Posts
Hmm, so that looks like one game to cross off my list. Looks the same as COD4 exactly...

·
B.O.W
26,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote:

Originally Posted by LegendaryC
View Post

Picture don't look any worse then what CoD4 looks like.

IMO - they do

Quote:

And frankly, I believe that CoD WaW has been slowed down if anything. People seem to move the same speed, but the weaker weapons, and higher gravity seem to slow it down. (I'm comparing Normal mode CoD4, to Normal mode WaW here. I'd recommend normal mode for WaW.)

The weapons are not weaker. Players do move at a faster speed. In CoD:WaW, you run when you walk compared to CoD4. I've had easily over 200 hours put into CoD4, I know the differences.

Quote:

As for the sound thing, I haven't noticed it sounding bad, but I have terrible speakers, and just my on board sound. (I hope to get a decent pair of headphones in the future.) However, there is a "fix".

Well, I'll sum it up. It sounds hollow.

I'll try that thing you mentioned.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Quote:

View Post

IMO - they do

The weapons are not weaker. Players do move at a faster speed. In CoD:WaW, you run when you walk compared to CoD4. I've had easily over 200 hours put into CoD4, I know the differences.

Well, I'll sum it up. It sounds hollow.

I'll try that thing you mentioned.

According to xfire I've logged 627 hours in CoD4. I'd think I'd know the differences as well. Some of the weapons appear to be weaker, like the bolt actions, and rifles, while the SMGs are pretty powerful. As for walking and running speed, it feels the exact same for me. In fact, the values for player_sprintscale are the same in both games, and the weapon you are holding determines how fast you walk.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts