Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well i will be playing call of duty2 multiplayer and its all fine and dandy i get to join the server and all like the menu is fine but when the screen pops up with the picture of the map and the bar under it it goes a quarter of the way then beep. I minimized the screen and it says directx has encountered an unrecoverable error. I reinstall direct x it works for the next few maps then the error pops up again.. so i tried to install a new driver that works... for the next few maps then i hear the error noise again. At this point i was so frustrated I uninstalled COD2 and reinstalled it. The first few maps are fine then kaput!!!
i really need an explenation for this weird behavior of this game and im looking for a good solution to fixing this once and for all thank you if you respond cuz i really need help. and whoever finds out how to fix it gets my rep and anyone else who helps me in this post

·
Banned
3,515 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GT!

yes i do...

Then run driver cleaner pro (after you have uninstalled the drivers), and re install them. Then re install DX9c, and that SHOULD fix it.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
any more advice... i put page file to system managed ..... and on that forum they said to role back drivers to 78.01.. but im not sure.. about that

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GT!

any more advice... i put page file to system managed ..... and on that forum they said to role back drivers to 78.01.. but im not sure.. about that

Try everything they advise you to. It won't hurt you. Something tells me that one of your hardware components isnt stable (either your CPU, GFX, or even PSU). How are other games running on your rig?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts