Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok when i start up the game its all fine and dandy while in multiplayer and in single player.... while im looking for a server i find one like everyone else but then i try to join the server u know the screen were it shows a picture of the map and the load bar well the bar goes a quarter way. then it freezes and makes a dun noise. so i minimized the game and it says directx error direct x has encountered an unrecoverable error. Then a ie website pops up about errors for direct x do dx diag etc and none of it works. so then i reinstall direct x the first like 3-5 maps are fine then when the server changes maps it start all over again with the dang error. this concept happens when i install a new driver it all works fine until the 3-5 map into the game then kaput the error pops up again . I would really appreciate someone responding to this because its really bugging me
thx for responding if you know what to do

·
Premium Member
6,669 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nova_BP View Post
I have the same problem man.. i dunno what to do either :S
i had this issue not so long ago.

uninstall CoD2, uninstall your display drivers, install display drivers, install CoD2.

this worked for me.

·
Premium Member
20,315 Posts
nvidia forceware manager and firewall drivers cause conflicts with COD2 (found out the hard way!) Uninstall if you have it loaded.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts