Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While playing COD2 under any profile, it'll randomly restart or close out of the game. I was able to catch one error message that appeared:

BG_EvaluateTrajectory: unknown trType: 154

Anyone know what's going on? We don't have the settings all the way up.

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Regulus

While playing COD2 under any profile, it'll randomly restart or close out of the game. I was able to catch one error message that appeared:

BG_EvaluateTrajectory: unknown trType: 154

Anyone know what's going on? We don't have the settings all the way up.

Is anything overclocked? If so do you still get the restarts on stock settings?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing is overclocked. Everything is stock speeds, and random restarts occur just out of the blue.

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
Quote:

Nothing is overclocked. Everything is stock speeds, and random restarts occur just out of the blue.

Have you tried uninstalling and then re-installing the game? Maybe it's just a corrupt file

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll try that, but when we had first tried to install it, it would also just randomly restart.

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
Quote:

I'll try that, but when we had first tried to install it, it would also just randomly restart.

Can you check your 12v rail with a multimeter? If you're just getting random restarts and you're not overclocked then this could be a psu issue.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The PSU is like 550W, but I don't konw the brand, but I do believe the HDD is a Maxtor.

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
Quote:

The PSU is like 550W, but I don't konw the brand, but I do believe the HDD is a Maxtor.

Do you know what the amps are on the 12v rail? If know DFI nF4 boards can be picky about some unbranded psus that are a little weak in this area.
Also, have you tried putting your ram on a divider and seeing if you still get the same errors. Just had a real battle with my system and CoD2 crashing during games. Just tweaked some of my memory settings and it's fine now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts