Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the coldest your guys's cpu temps have every been?

Right now, my Q6600 my averages now are 20C. My room tempurature right now is 70F. I know 20C is crazy, but when I put my hand on the exhaust, its like a freezer cold feeling.

I am idleing right now too, at .3-1% cpu load. Core 3 is running at 14-15C.

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sullivan View Post

Right now, my Q6600 my averages now are 20C. My room tempurature right now is 70F. I know 20C is crazy, but when I put my hand on the exhaust, its like a freezer cold feeling.

So your CPU is idling below room temperature? That's not exactly...possible lol.

The lowest i've seen is about 24C when my room was rather cold.

·
Premium Member
7,645 Posts
Quote:

your CPU can not run cooler then your ambient....unless you have a TEC or an A/C unit dumping right into your computer

·
Iconoclast
30,640 Posts
Quote:

Temps are either being reported incorrectly, or are being intepreted incorrectly by your software (e.g. wrong tjmax set).

You can't cool below ambient with forced convection, and with all the crap between the active parts of a CPU and the outside environment, it's very rare to get lower than 10C above ambient, on-die.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
32C, room at 21C-22C.

·
Premium Member
4,420 Posts
You can't cool below ambient temps, but it's probably being reported that way because the thermal sensors are inaccurate when idle.

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
Quote:

I have my TJ max on my Q6600 set at 90C. Instead of 100. Intel reports that its 90C.
Then why does the latest version of core temp still have it at 100C? This is an ongoing debate and to me, 100C seems more accurate. I know the sensors aren't accurate at idle or low temps anyway, but they're not as far off as some people think they are. Take my Q6600 for example, at 90C TJmax on stock speeds, I LOAD at like...9C above room temp, and i have a HOT chip. That's impossible to load at 9C above room temp on air, and if i put my finger on the base of the TRUE, it's way warmer than 9C above room temp.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts